• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hasbro's Black Series 6" Figure Line New 6" Marvel Legends Style Figures

#626 User is offline   Lady Jaye 

• The First Lady of the TNI boards!!!
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:57 PM

You know, the Sandtroper helmet looks a lil better!! That small space of white between the lenses and strip going across the top makes him look much more menacing!!

#627 User is offline   ensign 

• Mouser

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:37 PM

yojoebro82, on 25 February 2014 - 06:33 PM, said:

ensign, on 25 February 2014 - 05:26 PM, said:

Now what to do with my singular Desert Trooper?

Get two of them by trading my Desert Trooper for one of your Stormtroopers.

Sorry bro :)

#628 User is offline   ensign 

• Mouser

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:40 PM

Starscream49, on 25 February 2014 - 08:39 PM, said:

I love this line but refuse to army build anymore.

Yeah, it wasn't cheap which is why watched Hasbro toy shop like a hawk. Anytime later and it was only going to be more expensive. The only 2 harder things are buying Transformers and Army Building Marvel Legends.

#629 User is offline   yojoebro82 

• Grand Moff Tarkin

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:52 PM

I guess I'm not too worried about Stormtrooper now that I think about it. They did a good job of reissuing guys in the 3 3/4" line and hopefully the same will be true here.

And is it true they're rolling him over into the Darth Vader wave?

#630 User is offline   Bespin refugee 

• http://jasonshoemaker.deviantart.com/
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:45 AM

Hasbro Star Wars The Black Series 6" Episode III Obi Wan Kenobi Figure Video Review & Images

#631 User is offline   Wheeljack35 

• The Jedi Insider Jedi

Posted 26 February 2014 - 04:17 AM

Meh I want Ben Kenobi

#632 User is offline   Nguyen_Dragon 

• Battlecat

Posted 26 February 2014 - 04:56 PM

Lady Jaye, on 25 February 2014 - 08:57 PM, said:

You know, the Sandtroper helmet looks a lil better!! That small space of white between the lenses and strip going across the top makes him look much more menacing!!

I think the black line on the Stormtrooper is too thick...

#633 User is offline   Lady Jaye 

Posted 27 February 2014 - 09:10 AM

Just went back and saw the side by side pic, yeah that strip is wayyy to thick!! I'm hoping its just for that one figure only, and the rest look more like the Sandtrooper's helmet!!

#634 User is offline   yojoebro82 

• Grand Moff Tarkin

Posted 27 February 2014 - 10:48 AM

I was hoping the Stormtrooper helmet nit picking would be over. This coming from a guy who was sitting fat, dumb and happy for YEARS with his "inaccurate" 3 3/4" Stormtrooper helmets and never realizing it :rolleyes:

#635 User is offline   Crow T Decepticon 

• Captain Cold

Posted 27 February 2014 - 04:48 PM

I was under the impression that the Stormtrooper helmets were pretty varied anyway. Like some had that thick dark line, others had a thin line with a bit of white showing underneath, etc.

#636 User is offline   yojoebro82 

• Grand Moff Tarkin

Posted 28 February 2014 - 01:18 PM

I like how certain online sellers (coughbigbadtoysorecough) will scalp Stormtrooper for $13 more and it STILL sells out.

One of the great lies sellers tell people is that they hike the price of army builders to discurrage people from buying multiples and in the process "save some for the rest of the fans". If they really cared about that, they'd just set a limit. Just say you're hiking the price because you know you'll make more money! Just be honest!

Oh well, the hunt continues.

#637 User is offline   JoeRhyno 

• Stalker
  • Group: Admin

Posted 28 February 2014 - 01:45 PM

Actually, that's part of the reason. The other part is to help with the others that come in the case that they get stuck with and then sometimes sell at a loss. This wave is a perfect example. It comes with a Han, which, they already know they're stuck with because he was in the last wave, so what'd they do? Mark him down half price. They have to bump up the price of the hot seller because, like you said, if they didn't, people would gobble them up, like the guy above you that got 10 from HTS.com is a prime example (which last I checked was a limit of two per customer). They have to find a middle ground and it always isn't easy.

I've bought cases of figures in the past, especially around the 30th anv star wars days. I would sell the rest that I didnt want and soo many times I was stuck with the stragglers that I too had to bump up the army builder or one-per-casers because then I could sell the ones people didnt really want a lot cheaper and it would help move them.

Remember, they're still a business and still have overhead to pay, they can't just sell stuff for a loss to make fans happy or they wouldn't still be here.

#638 User is offline   yojoebro82 

• Grand Moff Tarkin

Posted 28 February 2014 - 01:56 PM

JoeRhyno, on 28 February 2014 - 01:45 PM, said:

I've bought cases of figures in the past, especially around the 30th anv star wars days. I would sell the rest that I didnt want and soo many times I was stuck with the stragglers that I too had to bump up the army builder or one-per-casers because then I could sell the ones people didnt really want a lot cheaper and it would help move them.

I'd be open to the case option too IF those didn't also get a price hike. Even with cases, they'll bump up the cost another $20 so it's like I'm paying for a phantom figure.

I guess the rest of what you said makes sense, though.

#639 User is offline   JoeRhyno 

• Stalker
  • Group: Admin

Posted 28 February 2014 - 02:10 PM

Their cases come with Han. What do you expect them to do, eat the cost of Han to make the fans happy?

What phantom figure are you talking about?

Wave 1

Wave 2

Wave 3

#640 User is offline   Nguyen_Dragon 

• Battlecat

Posted 28 February 2014 - 03:39 PM

JoeRhyno, on 28 February 2014 - 01:45 PM, said:

Actually, that's part of the reason. The other part is to help with the others that come in the case that they get stuck with and then sometimes sell at a loss. This wave is a perfect example. It comes with a Han, which, they already know they're stuck with because he was in the last wave, so what'd they do? Mark him down half price. They have to bump up the price of the hot seller because, like you said, if they didn't, people would gobble them up, like the guy above you that got 10 from HTS.com is a prime example (which last I checked was a limit of two per customer). They have to find a middle ground and it always isn't easy.

Remember, they're still a business and still have overhead to pay, they can't just sell stuff for a loss to make fans happy or they wouldn't still be here.

You can go above the limit on preorders...

#641 User is offline   yojoebro82 

• Grand Moff Tarkin

Posted 28 February 2014 - 06:14 PM

JoeRhyno, on 28 February 2014 - 02:10 PM, said:

Their cases come with Han. What do you expect them to do, eat the cost of Han to make the fans happy?

What phantom figure are you talking about?

Wave 1

Wave 2

Wave 3

......can't I just #@$#@ about price without having to worry about little things like "facts" and "supply and demand"??? @smilepunch@

#642 User is offline   Crow T Decepticon 

• Captain Cold

Posted 28 February 2014 - 07:12 PM

I can see both sides. On one hand, if BBTS knows they aren't going to sell those Hans at full price, they're smart to discount them and mark up the Stormtroopers to compensate, since those *will* sell, even with a price hike. On the other hand... it's not the customer's fault that Hasbro packed their cases like that, but we (the royal "we") are being asked to shoulder the burden.

Those cases seem to be priced just fine though.

#643 User is offline   Wheeljack35 

• The Jedi Insider Jedi

Posted 28 February 2014 - 07:58 PM

I'm glad wave three will only have two figures I need but Boba Fett has to released again I can't find him.I need Leia too but she is all over the place

#644 User is offline   DarthJoe 

• ADC Outcast

Posted 01 March 2014 - 12:08 AM

Just be patient. I'm sure these will all show up on Amazon, with prime shipping, just like the first two waves...

#645 User is offline   GuitarDevil 

• King Chochacho

Posted 02 March 2014 - 01:56 AM

I was oot hunting High & Low for ole Boba & didn't find anything but plenty of Greedos & Leia's....still some Pilot Lukes & R2's left....spotted 2 Hans as well....but no sign of that confounded Bounty Hunter.....he must be at Jabba's Palace trading popsicle Han for magic beans.....I'm tellin you somebody has to be busting open those cases in the back & selling Fettman before they hit the shelves.....I spotted untold Leia's on the pegs w/Greedos galore.....I can't wait till the next wave comes out but man finding the ST is gonna be un-fun....can't wait to see Old Ben Kenobi choke the life out the pegs.....if they can ever get rid of Slave Leia that is....I hope your right DJ about Amazon & it starts raining Boba's....for all the dudes who don't have one....Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#646 User is offline   DarthJoe 

• ADC Outcast

Posted 02 March 2014 - 07:34 PM

GuitarDevil, on 02 March 2014 - 01:56 AM, said:

I was oot hunting High & Low for ole Boba & didn't find anything but plenty of Greedos & Leia's....still some Pilot Lukes & R2's left....spotted 2 Hans as well....but no sign of that confounded Bounty Hunter.....he must be at Jabba's Palace trading popsicle Han for magic beans.....I'm tellin you somebody has to be busting open those cases in the back & selling Fettman before they hit the shelves.....I spotted untold Leia's on the pegs w/Greedos galore.....I can't wait till the next wave comes out but man finding the ST is gonna be un-fun....can't wait to see Old Ben Kenobi choke the life out the pegs.....if they can ever get rid of Slave Leia that is....I hope your right DJ about Amazon & it starts raining Boba's....for all the dudes who don't have one....Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Before Wave 2 started hitting retail real hard, they had Boba Fett up for preorder on Amazon for $19.99, and he stayed up for that price for awhile. That's how I got the two that I have. I'm hoping the Storm Trooper will be the same way.

#647 User is offline   Nguyen_Dragon 

• Battlecat

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:38 AM

DarthJoe, on 02 March 2014 - 07:34 PM, said:

GuitarDevil, on 02 March 2014 - 01:56 AM, said:

Before Wave 2 started hitting retail real hard, they had Boba Fett up for preorder on Amazon for $19.99, and he stayed up for that price for awhile. That's how I got the two that I have. I'm hoping the Storm Trooper will be the same way.

I remember that... It was when most people including myself was on the fence about this line...

#648 User is offline   Lady Jaye 

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:37 AM

Just found my third Boba Fett!!! No luck in the major chains, look local!!!

#649 User is offline   Wheeljack35 

• The Jedi Insider Jedi

Posted 05 March 2014 - 04:10 AM

Lady Jaye, on 05 March 2014 - 01:37 AM, said:

Just found my third Boba Fett!!! No luck in the major chains, look local!!!

Lucky you I haven't seen him.I get there and either to find they were put out and Fett was gone OR the first wave is clogging the pegs

#650 User is offline   GuitarDevil 

• King Chochacho

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:37 PM

Wave 1 Sandtroopers are in stock on Target.com for those of you who need some backup looking for those droids.....

http://www.target.co...m_1_3&term=Star wars The Black series

@stormtrooper@ @stormtrooper@ @stormtrooper@

Share this topic:

• 37 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us