DCUC Wave Three!!!!

Numfar

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pics of wave 3 will be shown in the Dec 12th issue of Toyfare!

While I'm not a huge fan of Tim Drake, everyone else in this wave is a must have! Especially GL Hal, Deathstroke & Grundy!

I figure Robin will sport this look.

Robin-tim-drake.jpg

This is my most wanted of the wave!!!

Deathstroke1.jpg

Deathstroke_4.jpg

May 08 can't get here soon enough!

WOW! As much as I'm stoked about Hal being the GL, I'm even more stoked about Deathstroke, Sinestro & Grundy! The legion of Doom is growing!!!!!!!!!

Deathstroke is by far my most wanted in this wave! For those of you not that familiar with Slade Wilson, here's the 411 on this bad Mo-Fo!

Deathstroke_4.jpg

Deathstroke1.jpg

Deathstroke_003.jpg

Hgt 6'4

Wgt 225lbs

Powers and Abilities

Powers

Enhanced mind: Able to utilize 90 of his brain's potential capacity for information processing and sorting, Deathstroke's mind is virtually a computer built for strategy and problem-solving, one that works at optimal ability even when under stress and fatigue. Using his superior problem-solving skills, Deathstroke can work out a battle ahead of time in its infinite possibilities and predict enemy movements and tactics after the battle has engaged by recalling and utilizing memorized mannerisms acquired through past experience on a moment's notice. He is also ingenious in devising solutions against superior aspects of opponents, can observe and exploit, and can calculate distance, speed, and time at lightning speeds; his sense of timing is superb, bordering on perfection.

Superhuman reflexes: The speed at which he reacts allows him to dodge fast-moving projectiles such as arrows and bullets

Enhanced Strength: His entire muscular system was hardened and strengthened, allowing Deathstroke to press (bench) approximately 2 tons with an upwards maximum of 5 tons under strain severe enough to cause a debilitating injury.

Enhanced endurance/speed: Ability to run long distances far out-performs any Olympic athlete to have ever, or will ever be, born.

Flexibility: Tendons and ligaments have been simultaneously stretched and strengthened, allowing him incredible flexibility in addition to his ability to dismantle and reset his limbs.

Enhanced Senses: Deathstroke's senses have been augmented to higher levels of ability.

Hearing: can hear things clearer and farther away than a normal human is capable of

Vision: spotted objects on a sub-molecular level, such as the Atom, with his naked eye.

Regenerative healing factor: With an enhanced ability to repair damaged tissue, the rate at which Deathstroke's body recovers from injury has been substantially increased as well as the severity capable of being repaired before death. As such, Deathstroke's body can take a tremendous amount of punishment before succumbing to death. Simple gunshot and stab wounds, cuts, and broken bones can mend in minutes; mortal wounds that aren't immediately fatal can heal in hours. Deathstroke, however, can only repair limbs and organs, not regenerate them. If a limb or organ (such as an eye) is completely removed, it's gone for good.

Resistance: Deathstroke's regenerative abilities have some affect on his body's ability to process through harmful, foreign substances and he has become naturally resistant to deadly poisons and illnesses.

##$%$#ed Aging: An important aspect to note is that while Deathstroke is apparently aging, he does so very slowly, appearing younger than he actually is. One revival actually caused a reversal of age, however, this has yet to be seen again and the affects were eventually reversed by another return from death.

Abilities

Masterful Tactician

Expert Combatant: expertly trained in hand-to-hand combat.

Strength level

Superhuman. He has likened to having the 'strength of ten men.'

Weaknesses

None known.

Paraphernalia

Equipment: None known.

Transportation: None known.

Weapons: Machine gun, prometheum sword, power staff, explosives

Deathstroke RULES!!!!!!!!!

My thoughts on the looks of the characters:

Robin: current red/black costume possibly with a red/green variant

Sinestro: Classic look with a possible SinCorp variant

Hal: Definitely going with the classic. A modern repaint might be possible unless it's deemed too close to the classic

Deathstroke: Unmasked variant?

Grundy: Modern look with the suit

They sound good, but honestly it is hard to get excited about these when the odds of being able to find any of them are like 100 to 1.

We can't honestly say that for sure yet! I think the fact that Mattel has the whole license and the fact that retailers have seen teh success of the marvel brand may improve distribution!

Draven

Looks like an awesome wave. Unless the 4H poop the bed with the sculpts (which I highly doubt, since I love almost all their stuff), or Mattel messes around with the case ratios (still a distinct possiblity when talking about Mattel) this will be the first wave where I spend the money to order a whole case.

They sound good, but honestly it is hard to get excited about these when the odds of being able to find any of them are like 100 to 1.

We can't honestly say that for sure yet!

No but it's a safe bet. Guess we'll just have to cross our fingers that Mattel makes this line avalible.

That's what they have online ordering for. I'm done driving around wasting gas looking for either ML or DCSH/DCUC figs. Starting with DCUC wave 1, I'm pre-odering these from either BBTS or Cornerstorecomics. I figure the $$ I spend on gas will equal what they charge for S&H.

Hm if true the only GL & SIN for me, maybe robin too depending on how he looks :)

WOW! Can't believe you actually are gonna pass on a 4HM Deathstroke & BAF Grundy! Please don't tell me it's cuz you think the DCDirect versions are better.

DCDirect Deathstroke is great, but missing the essential waist, ankle, bicep & thigh cuts. The Alex Ross Grundy is a great sculpt, but is a statue from the waist down & the JSA Grundy is pre-posed & has limited POA.

I believe you'll change your mind once you see the actual pics in Dec's Issue of Toyfare!