TNI Forums: Hasbro 2009 Round 2 Q&A Answers - TNI Forums

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hasbro 2009 Round 2 Q&A Answers

#1 User is offline   HissCommander 

  • Battle Droid
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 363
  • Joined: 23-January 09

  Posted 15 May 2009 - 04:53 PM

TNI's Q & A answers

http://toynewsi.com/...hp?itemid=14473




A couple of sites are creating a central hub for all the Q & A questions, TerrorDrome being one and GeneralsJoes being another.

We are updating as soon as anything pops up, so keep an eye out.

http://www.theterrordrome.com/forums/viewt...t&sd=a#coil

GeneralsJoes is also doing the same, and has set up a nice hub as well.

http://generalsjoes.com/qanda.html

#2 User is offline   CLAM 

  • ADC MVP since '01
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 17,033
  • Joined: 29-April 03

Posted 15 May 2009 - 07:42 PM

argh... always so frusterating trying to get straight answers from these guys.


but it seems that there was one main theme "because of the movie" all the other stuff didn't get made :(

#3 User is offline   yojoebro82 

  • Grand Moff Tarkin
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 5,512
  • Joined: 30-August 05

Posted 15 May 2009 - 07:51 PM

I always imagine a robot's voice whenever I read those responses.

#4 User is offline   HissCommander 

  • Battle Droid
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 363
  • Joined: 23-January 09

Posted 15 May 2009 - 07:52 PM

View PostCLAM, on May 15 2009, 07:42 PM, said:

argh... always so frusterating trying to get straight answers from these guys.


but it seems that there was one main theme "because of the movie" all the other stuff didn't get made :(



yeah im super bummed about the movie stuff taking over completely. I was hoping they would split up a few different lines. No such luck

Quote

1. Many pictures have surfaced of more resolute figures; are these planned to be released next year or concurrantly with the movie line?

A: We plan on mixing some these into the line where possible, but are not
releasing a separate Resolute series. Exact details are still to be
determined.


Makes me sad, im a MOC collector and the movie cards do nothing for me, and i dont want a bunch of multi packs. bummer

#5 User is offline   HissCommander 

  • Battle Droid
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 363
  • Joined: 23-January 09

Posted 15 May 2009 - 09:49 PM

ok, tons of updates. looks like all but 2 sites are in now. Lots of good questions, and lots of Hasbro dancing around things lol. These are toys right? were not asking them what secrets the government are hiding are we?

good grief!

Will we see any of these figures? yes or no?

"our team is very hard at work and we are excited at the thought of these being possibly available in the future or maybe not but the fact is the movie line is out now and we will release many figure in that line but are unsure what we have in development at this time"

lol

#6 User is offline   CLAM 

  • ADC MVP since '01
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 17,033
  • Joined: 29-April 03

Posted 15 May 2009 - 10:11 PM

I just want them to give us a straight answer about the wave 14 figures that we have seen:

like "yes, we did produce some, but then stopped because of the movie"

and then tell us when/if we will be seeing them.

they said that they will be in the 7-packs, but we already know that they aren't, or at least not very many.

#7 User is offline   CLAM 

  • ADC MVP since '01
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 17,033
  • Joined: 29-April 03

Posted 16 May 2009 - 07:02 AM

what the heck... we have seen all these Resolute figures from china.. now Hasbro says that there will be NO Resolute figures in 2009????

#8 User is offline   Jack 

  • John Solo
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,347
  • Joined: 28-July 02

Posted 16 May 2009 - 08:32 AM

Hasbro really needs to stop ticking us off.

#9 User is offline   jedimaster-c 

  • Boba Fett
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,924
  • Joined: 25-December 03

Posted 16 May 2009 - 02:15 PM

I am shocked that there are no question about the wave 4 vehicles.As with wave 14 of the figures,its the same old dance around the question.

#10 User is offline   pesatyel 

  • Lando Calrissian
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 10,878
  • Joined: 26-September 03

Posted 16 May 2009 - 04:27 PM

View Postjedimaster-c, on May 16 2009, 03:15 PM, said:

I am shocked that there are no question about the wave 4 vehicles.As with wave 14 of the figures,its the same old dance around the question.


I bet there were plenty of questions about the vehicles, but they don't have answers, even the dancing ones.

I bet they will probably repackage them as movie vehicles instead....if we are going to get them.

#11 User is offline   jasonwelcome 

  • Cobra Soldier
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 50
  • Joined: 22-September 07

Posted 17 May 2009 - 09:10 AM

I am very annoyed to hear that we won't be getting the resolute figures, I really just want to get that New Resolute Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow (if produced yet) and now we have to wait while the movie figures warm pegs and possible kill the line for another year or 2!

I don't know who is responsible for the live action GI JOE movie but in my opinion they are not fans of GI JOE, this is not the X-men if they had to be wearing black I feel they should have been in actually black tactical gear, not X-men uniform knock offs. I feel that whoever created GI JOE resolute nailed it! an that they should have basically recreated the Resolute story as a live action movie.

#12 User is offline   Jmacq1 

  • Cobra Officer
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,045
  • Joined: 24-April 08

Posted 17 May 2009 - 09:22 AM

View PostCLAM, on May 16 2009, 08:02 AM, said:

what the heck... we have seen all these Resolute figures from china.. now Hasbro says that there will be NO Resolute figures in 2009????


With all the massive amount of product that has leaked in the last few months, there was no way some of it wasn't going to slip into 2010.

Wave 14 and the Resolute stuff got canned when Wal-Mart (and maybe the other retailers) decided not to continue ordering any new product after Christmas. Such is the power of Wally World. Hasbro was stuck with a few samples that they couldn't really do anything with (Not enough of them to sell at any sort of mass retail). Those samples got stolen from the factory, and voila...leaked figures that we may or may not have been getting anytime soon.

So they stuck a few of them into the 7 packs (Zap, Alley Viper, Range-Viper, and Battle-Damaged BAT), and are just playing the waiting game on what's coming next.

The Resolute figures are mostly new tooling, so rest assured we will see them somewhere down the line (as Hasbro said, sprinkled into the movie line), but the first six months of the movie line were probably already all but "locked in" when Hasbro had to pull the plug on waves 14 and 15, the comic packs, etc...so it'll likely be early 2010 at the earliest before we start seeing more Resolute figures on-shelves.

Night Force Falcon? Guess he might show up as part of the "Headquarters for Heroes" line. Or get back-burnered for a "Night Force" set somewhere down the road.

#13 User is offline   Jmacq1 

  • Cobra Officer
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,045
  • Joined: 24-April 08

Posted 17 May 2009 - 09:22 AM

EDIT: Double post.

#14 User is offline   pesatyel 

  • Lando Calrissian
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 10,878
  • Joined: 26-September 03

Posted 17 May 2009 - 04:29 PM

You guys see these:

Quote

Q: TRU Viper 5 pack: Thanks for "Mercer" and thanks for the gold visored officer, but the hands guys, the hands..bottom line what the community wants to know is if they are they coming out with fixed hands or not? The initial pics indicate same old hands. If not new hands, why? Tooling issue? Cost issue? The fact it is a store exclusive? No escaping now...shoot straight with us.

Answer:

Shooting straight….based on only being able to deliver a certain number of exclusives to TRU this item was cut in place of exclusives that will be shown at Comic-Con. It seemed like fans had enough vipers and we wanted to do something special. The set it was replaced with will be a set that has Footloose!


That was a "straight answer" but it was still bull. "Fans had enough Vipers"? WTF? Fans wanted FIXED Vipers. The only reason "fans had enough" is because we didn't expect to GET fixed ones (especially after the Tele-Viper). And, yes, I'm aware there are people don't care about the hands.


Quote

Q: A good number of the online fandom as skipping the movie line entirely. Obviously, The 25th anniversary/Modern Era line was a huge success for them but you are gearing the movie line toward a different consumer - the kids of course - we get that. Our question is if the movie line isn't as big of a success will this be an end to G.I. Joe or will Hasbro go back to the classic toy line? In other words, how closely tied to the success of the movie is the life of the line tied to?

Answer:

For the line to achieve the success of the 80's (number of figures, large vehicles, playsets) the best chance for this is the success of the movie.


This one was just good for a whiner laugh.

Quote

As a dio site, there's nothing the people here love more than having an awesome setting to shoot figures in. The old Headquarters, Terrordrome, USS Flagg, Mobile Command Center and even Tactical Battle Platform are popular pieces, granted the photographer has them. However, recent playsets (not
just Hasbro's, but many companies's) seem to be focused on just being a façade with a handful of gimmicks, but very little in way of "put the figures in there and play out a scenario" (which I believe children and adults alike would enjoy). The "Conquest Of Cobra Mountain" playset from a few years back, the "Akator" playset from the Indiana Jones toyline and even the upcoming (and expensive!!) PITT playset from Rise Of Cobra are primeexamples of such deficient playsets.

Different safety laws and cost issues may prevent Hasbro from re-issuing things like the Terrodrome and the FLAGG, but might there any plans to create new playsets that could have the "playtime versatility" (for lackof an existing term) that GIJoe playsets of yesteryear had?

The short answer is…today's playsets are created for kids to create a world of 3 3/4'' with. We do testing to understand how kids play and what they want and deliver it to them. That said, once you get your hands on the new G.I. Joe Pit Headquarters (and see the movie to understand the tie
ins!), we think you will be impressed with the play versatility!


No, they HOPE will be "impressed".

Quote

Q3 — Will we see another 'Rise of Cobra' playset or a 'Resolute' playset next?

A3 — We wont know about the next playset until after this fall and the success of the Pit, but it would be movie based.


You could probably read that pretty ominously. "Like it or don't get nothin else" @firedevil@

Quote

2. Was there a reason that Wetsuit's helmet was not included in the upcoming seven-pack set? Or will it actually be included in the set and is just not pictured?


Wetsuit's breathing mask is included in the set.


What part of HELMET do they not get? Hell, they coulda just repainted an Eel helmet.



View PostJmacq1, on May 17 2009, 10:22 AM, said:

Night Force Falcon? Guess he might show up as part of the "Headquarters for Heroes" line. Or get back-burnered for a "Night Force" set somewhere down the road.


Headquarters for Heroes?

#15 User is offline   Jmacq1 

  • Cobra Officer
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,045
  • Joined: 24-April 08

Posted 17 May 2009 - 08:25 PM

View Postpesatyel, on May 17 2009, 05:29 PM, said:

View PostJmacq1, on May 17 2009, 10:22 AM, said:

Night Force Falcon? Guess he might show up as part of the "Headquarters for Heroes" line. Or get back-burnered for a "Night Force" set somewhere down the road.


Headquarters for Heroes?


Yep. From what's been seen, "Headquarters for Heroes" is an exclusive assortment of figures that will be sold at Toys R Us. They seem to be comprised of mostly-classic figures with some slight sculpting tweaks/different parts (not -new- parts, just different parts) and new paint jobs (and on movie packaging). So far they've shown Barbecue and Firefly as part of the line. The Firefly looks pretty nice (uses Resolute Trooper parts), the Barbecue...not so much.

#16 User is offline   Viper Hunter 

  • The Good
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 22,445
  • Joined: 12-August 02

Posted 17 May 2009 - 08:38 PM

View Postyojoebro82, on May 15 2009, 08:51 PM, said:

I always imagine a robot's voice whenever I read those responses.



That..

or like we just put a coin in the machine and got their reply on a little card?

Posted Image


Put your 4 quarters in the slot (Hasbro answers don't come cheap)..

Ask your question..

Get your response..

Posted Image



and yet these Q&A's continue to generate interest as though they might tell us something? @loll@

#17 User is offline   yojoebro82 

  • Grand Moff Tarkin
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 5,512
  • Joined: 30-August 05

Posted 17 May 2009 - 09:12 PM

View PostHissCommander, on May 15 2009, 09:49 PM, said:

"our team is very hard at work and we are excited at the thought of these being possibly available in the future or maybe not



UUUUGGGHHHH! Really?

#18 User is offline   HissCommander 

  • Battle Droid
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 363
  • Joined: 23-January 09

Posted 17 May 2009 - 09:47 PM

View PostViper Hunter, on May 17 2009, 09:38 PM, said:

View Postyojoebro82, on May 15 2009, 08:51 PM, said:

I always imagine a robot's voice whenever I read those responses.



That..

or like we just put a coin in the machine and got their reply on a little card?

Posted Image


Put your 4 quarters in the slot (Hasbro answers don't come cheap)..

Ask your question..

Get your response..

Posted Image



and yet these Q&A's continue to generate interest as though they might tell us something? @loll@




ahhhh that just made my day lol

It also reminded me that i havent seen that movie in a while. I should probably get on that

#19 User is offline   BermudaMohawk 

  • Cobra Soldier
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 58
  • Joined: 09-April 09

Posted 17 May 2009 - 09:52 PM

View PostJmacq1, on May 17 2009, 09:22 AM, said:

View PostCLAM, on May 16 2009, 08:02 AM, said:

what the heck... we have seen all these Resolute figures from china.. now Hasbro says that there will be NO Resolute figures in 2009????


With all the massive amount of product that has leaked in the last few months, there was no way some of it wasn't going to slip into 2010.

Wave 14 and the Resolute stuff got canned when Wal-Mart (and maybe the other retailers) decided not to continue ordering any new product after Christmas. Such is the power of Wally World. Hasbro was stuck with a few samples that they couldn't really do anything with (Not enough of them to sell at any sort of mass retail). Those samples got stolen from the factory, and voila...leaked figures that we may or may not have been getting anytime soon.


That is a theory on what happened. Not fact.

#20 User is offline   jasonwelcome 

  • Cobra Soldier
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 50
  • Joined: 22-September 07

Posted 17 May 2009 - 10:13 PM

this is BS, can someone tell me how to go about getting a resolute snake eyes from China. I don't have time to wait for all that movie trash to move off shelves, before I might have a chance at getting him. Thanks

#21 User is offline   HissCommander 

  • Battle Droid
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 363
  • Joined: 23-January 09

Posted 17 May 2009 - 10:56 PM

View Postjasonwelcome, on May 17 2009, 10:13 PM, said:

this is BS, can someone tell me how to go about getting a resolute snake eyes from China. I don't have time to wait for all that movie trash to move off shelves, before I might have a chance at getting him. Thanks



you can spend $300 on ebay lol

or talk to this guy:
http://forums.toynew...owtopic=2063188

he has been hooking people up with a lot of good stuff lately. one of the MODs over at TD buys from him and has no complaints

#22 User is offline   Jmacq1 

  • Cobra Officer
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,045
  • Joined: 24-April 08

Posted 18 May 2009 - 06:13 AM

View PostBermudaMohawk, on May 17 2009, 10:52 PM, said:

View PostJmacq1, on May 17 2009, 09:22 AM, said:

View PostCLAM, on May 16 2009, 08:02 AM, said:

what the heck... we have seen all these Resolute figures from china.. now Hasbro says that there will be NO Resolute figures in 2009????


With all the massive amount of product that has leaked in the last few months, there was no way some of it wasn't going to slip into 2010.

Wave 14 and the Resolute stuff got canned when Wal-Mart (and maybe the other retailers) decided not to continue ordering any new product after Christmas. Such is the power of Wally World. Hasbro was stuck with a few samples that they couldn't really do anything with (Not enough of them to sell at any sort of mass retail). Those samples got stolen from the factory, and voila...leaked figures that we may or may not have been getting anytime soon.


That is a theory on what happened. Not fact.


It's an educated guess. Do you have a better, more logical explanation that doesn't involve outlandish conspiracy theories or ludicrous allegations that Hasbro is out to deliberately screw the fans?

The fact that there are/were carded samples is enough to show us that Hasbro intended to produce these as single-carded assortments. The fact that we have various products that had previously shown up in retailers' computers tells us that they were solicited as separate products. The fact that Wal-Mart clearanced most of their DVD and Vehicle packs after Christmas and reduced the shelf-space available to Joe product in many of their stores tells us their support for the line was reduced to a minimal level following the holidays. Maybe it was more than just Wal-Mart, maybe it wasn't, but quite frankly a lack of retailer support for further assortments prior to the movie is the only logical explanation for what's happened here. Hasbro isn't going to cancel product if retailers want it.

There's also the fact that Hasbro's told us many times that it's ordinarily a year to a year and a half for a product to go from development to store shelves. They most certainly plan out their assortments six months to a year in advance (given that we've had products showing up in retailer computers that far out or further). So logically speaking, the movie assortments were already pretty much decided upon when the further Resolute single-cards were axed. So now Hasbro is left looking for the earliest "slots" they can fit them into...slots that don't open up until early 2010 (or perhaps even later).

Maybe they'll be able to finagle the Resolute figures into an exclusive of some kind (since the molds and paint masks and such are already done), but as far as single-cards in the ongoing line...6+ months for a product that became "homeless" isn't at all unusual.

#23 User is offline   pesatyel 

  • Lando Calrissian
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 10,878
  • Joined: 26-September 03

Posted 18 May 2009 - 09:47 PM

View PostJmacq1, on May 18 2009, 07:13 AM, said:

View PostBermudaMohawk, on May 17 2009, 10:52 PM, said:

View PostJmacq1, on May 17 2009, 09:22 AM, said:

View PostCLAM, on May 16 2009, 08:02 AM, said:

what the heck... we have seen all these Resolute figures from china.. now Hasbro says that there will be NO Resolute figures in 2009????


With all the massive amount of product that has leaked in the last few months, there was no way some of it wasn't going to slip into 2010.

Wave 14 and the Resolute stuff got canned when Wal-Mart (and maybe the other retailers) decided not to continue ordering any new product after Christmas. Such is the power of Wally World. Hasbro was stuck with a few samples that they couldn't really do anything with (Not enough of them to sell at any sort of mass retail). Those samples got stolen from the factory, and voila...leaked figures that we may or may not have been getting anytime soon.


That is a theory on what happened. Not fact.


It's an educated guess. Do you have a better, more logical explanation that doesn't involve outlandish conspiracy theories or ludicrous allegations that Hasbro is out to deliberately screw the fans?

The fact that there are/were carded samples is enough to show us that Hasbro intended to produce these as single-carded assortments. The fact that we have various products that had previously shown up in retailers' computers tells us that they were solicited as separate products. The fact that Wal-Mart clearanced most of their DVD and Vehicle packs after Christmas and reduced the shelf-space available to Joe product in many of their stores tells us their support for the line was reduced to a minimal level following the holidays. Maybe it was more than just Wal-Mart, maybe it wasn't, but quite frankly a lack of retailer support for further assortments prior to the movie is the only logical explanation for what's happened here. Hasbro isn't going to cancel product if retailers want it.

There's also the fact that Hasbro's told us many times that it's ordinarily a year to a year and a half for a product to go from development to store shelves. They most certainly plan out their assortments six months to a year in advance (given that we've had products showing up in retailer computers that far out or further). So logically speaking, the movie assortments were already pretty much decided upon when the further Resolute single-cards were axed. So now Hasbro is left looking for the earliest "slots" they can fit them into...slots that don't open up until early 2010 (or perhaps even later).

Maybe they'll be able to finagle the Resolute figures into an exclusive of some kind (since the molds and paint masks and such are already done), but as far as single-cards in the ongoing line...6+ months for a product that became "homeless" isn't at all unusual.


Of course Hasbro intended to produce them as single cards. They also intended to produce the DTC wave 4 but we never "officially" got them. And, no, I don't consider the con as "officially" getting them.

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users


ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment
 
Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us