Valor Vs. Venom 3 3/4" Wave 3 Review

JayC

Arashikage Storm sends us these images and review of Hasbro's 3rd wave of G.I.Joe Valor vs. Venom figures:

Wild Bill is one of my favorites from this wave. I love the double guns, and the removable Hat. And he has HAIR again!

Jinx is another great figure. The blindfold looks cool on, but she also

looks great without it.

Stalker is MUCH better than I anticipated. Has a kind of "classic" feel to

him. a BIG improvement over the JVC one.

Coils Crusher is ok, a neat idea with the bendy arms(Different than the

prototype I have, with nerf type stretchy arms, replaced by the harder rubber with wire inside)

Zartan, Firefly, and Slice are nicely revamped, the only complaint I have is the "T" crotch on Slice, when the product catalog has an O ring one. Firefly is a cool revamp, and the niceness of the figure makes the Purple a little more bearable. The removable pistol in the chest holster is a nice touch. Zartan is a far cry from the V1 Zartan, but is still a nice figure, and looks MUCH better than the JVC one.

Electric EELs has an "AA" backpack, that lights him up like his namesake, and "V-troop" hands that come off, so it looks morre like a regular trooper. Kudos to Hasbro for making the "Monster" aspect of this figure optional.

Dusty is another nice revamp. the removable helmet is a nice touch as well.

Tunnel Rat is a nice sculpt figure, the only drawback to him is his colors.

His smaller size is also a nice touch by Hasbro to listen to the fan base.

and Finally the last 2 from this wave are the Snow Wolf/ Bats 4 army builder pack. Still great figures, and the BAt is MUCH better, in red. All Joe collectors will have to fight me for these in my area! I want at least 20-25 of these packs.

A side not on this wave is the fact that in Firefly's File card, it says he

has been given some gene splicing by Mindbender(but it does not get into it)

And in the mini catalog, Slice Has an O-ring, Coil crusher has CLOSED

fists(like my prototype), and the vehicles in this catalog are the Quickstrike W/ Sgt. Bazooka, Thunderwing w/ Slipstream, Icesabre w/ Frostbite, Battle Hornet w/ Neoviper, and Neutralizer w/ Backblast(which i REALLY like the final painted version of the Neutralizer) It also has another ad for Joe fishing gear, and the Voice FX Duke(which I am still sad about the lack of the Voice FX V. Max!)As far as 12 inch figures, It has Destro, Coil Crusher, Spirit, and Gung ho, as well as Snake eyes with the Ninja Lightning Bike(which is now a Store exclusive) Here is also a pic of General Abernathy and Venomous Maximus from the back of the package from Wave 3.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Post by KevFett (Sorry I wanted to get all the pics posted before allowing comments on this thread.)

Group: Members

Member No.: 1929

I just got mine earlier and let me add that WildBills pistols are all new and the pistol on Firefly's chest is a newly molded gun. IMO Tunnel Ratt's colors aren't too bad. True, his shirt is on the light green side but it's not as bad in person as the pictures circling around. Stalker ROCKS!