So disappointed

supreme-d

I ordered the new Spiderman infinite series Daredevil over a month ago from Amazon using a gift card I saved from Christmas. I was super excited for the package this morning, since Daredevil is probably my favorite Marvel character besides Cyclops, and definitely my most anticipated legends figure since the relaunch. When I got it out the package, everything looked fine in terms of paint, the joints were all free moving, and I was super pumped that I had my new favorite action figure in hand. That is, until I noticed a glaring error..

post-5970-0-90025400-1427386243_thumb.jpg

His left upper arm is the same as his right, AND it's attached backwards! So not only would I have to do some figure surgery (which I am not at all comfortable with) to get the arm to swing the correct way from the elbow, but even After I do that, the tricep would still be on the inside of the arm because it's a right arm portion. Gawd dangit!

post-5970-0-46115600-1427386529_thumb.jpg

He looks like a freak. This figure certainly can't be the centerpiece of my display...

What should I do guys? Amazon doesn't have anymore for the price I originally paid for sale, so I can't order another one. I made a point to watch Amazon for this figure way in advance because I didn't want to pay scalpers for the only figure I wanted from the set. Has anyone else had this problem before, or do you have a similar issue with your DD figure?

post-5970-0-43478400-1427386842_thumb.jpg

Keep an eye out for him at Target, Walmart, or TRU. If you see one at retail, get it and return the defective one.

That's what I am going to do with my Michael Keaton Batman who's leg broke at the knee. If I ever see one again at TRU (which isn't likely).

Toys are priced too high to put up with QC BS of any sort.

Toys are priced too high to put up with QC BS of any sort.

That's what I said.

Its the problem with my first MLI Scarlet Witch all over. This time Supreme just happened to get the lemon.

I agree, buy it again at retail and return the crap one.

Thanks for the replies and advice guys. Good to hear your DD wasn't wonky armed too Solo, at least the problem isn't endemic. Sorry to hear about your Keaton Batman yojoebro. Is it the blu-ray one or the NES version? Because there are plenty of the NES ones at my local TRU last time I checked, if you need one. What happened to your Witch mako? And why is it the one per case figures that seem to have these types of problems?

I have an update, for any of you who may have a similar problem. After looking at online reviews and reading Solo's post, I figured my figure was just a defect. So I tried to get a replacement through Amazon, which meant I had to call customer service. I don't usual have good experiences with customer service, so I was less than thrilled. Amazon surprised me a lot though. Once I explained that my item was defective, the service representative issued me a refund equal to the cost of buying the figure from the cheapest Amazon fulfillment retailer, which cost $43 and some change. Additionally, she also waived a next day shipping charge of $3.99, so I can expect my replacement by tomorrow night. This was much more than I expected from Amazon, since technically this defective figure isn't their fault (the box was also destroyed, but that's another story lol).

I can't guarantee that Amazon will do this for everyone else who receives a defective figure, but I suggest at least trying if one of you reading find yourselves in this predicament. I am a prime member who purchased with Amazon account credit, so that may have weighed into their decision to appease the customer. Either way, I look forward to my new favorite figure arriving tomorrow.

SIDE NOTE: I also had a purchased a defective Hall of Fame Stone Cold figure from Target on Monday. Left hand peg was broken out of package. Maybe I've had a toy hex placed on me..

Sorry to hear about your Keaton Batman yojoebro. Is it the blu-ray one or the NES version? Because there are plenty of the NES ones at my local TRU last time I checked, if you need one.

Nope, it's the blu-ray version. You know, the cool one that sold out right away. Oh well, I'll probably glue it and if I get the chance and see another at retail I'll exchange it. Glad your DD situation worked out.

That's what I am going to do with my Michael Keaton Batman who's leg broke at the knee. If I ever see one again at TRU (which isn't likely).

Same thing happened to my Keaton Batman...super glue...sigh...oh well. What pissed me off even more was some douche on the fwoosh forum pretty much accusing me of handling toys with gorilla mits.

While I have read some things on the fwoosh forum, I haven't ever signed up because some people seem like jerks there. Same with the wrestling figure forum.

There were plenty of people to put him in his place over that one. You just don't accuse another toy collector of mishandling a product that has poor QC to begin with.

What happened to your Witch mako? And why is it the one per case figures that seem to have these types of problems?

I found one at Walmart, and it was a mess in just about every way possible. The hip joints were literally so loose her legs swung freely if you moved it even a little. Her left leg was warped, and there was a great big glob of glue on her forehead where it met her tiara thing. Of course, the figure was positioned in the package in a way that I couldn't tell any of this stuff without cracking the sucker open.

I ended up returning it for a refund and picking up a new one at Target, which by the way, was perfect.

It sucks (especially if its a short-packed figure), but I guess there's always gonna be one bad figure that makes it to retail.

• 3 weeks later...

that was pretty cool of amazon. to be honest, i have always had really low expectations of their customer service, so it is refreshing to hear some positive news.

. . . but I guess there's always gonna be one bad figure that makes it to retail.

I may have to amend my statement. So far, with the exception of Hawkeye, every Odin Wave figure I've gotten has had some glaring QC issue and had to be returned. I don't know if this is just a problem with this series or what, but somebody needs to get with the program.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, that's news to me. From all the reviews I've seen, people were saying the QC is better for that wave than it was for last years legends. I have noticed more and more figures with incorrect parts assembly than in previous years though (reversed calves or two of the same extremity).

Wow, that's news to me. From all the reviews I've seen, people were saying the QC is better for that wave than it was for last years legends. I have noticed more and more figures with incorrect parts assembly than in previous years though (reversed calves or two of the same extremity).

All I know is I've had more returns in this series than I've had in all the other series since I started collecting ML. I'm not talking paint splotches either. I bought an Iron Fist a couple weeks ago. I got it home and found out the two halves of the crotch were separated. I'm talking two completely separate pieces. It looked like it had never even been glued. Yeah, that was a return.

That being said, I haven't had any problem with the Thanos series, a record I hope holds out as I just ordered a Spider-Woman off Amazon.