TNI Forums: MOVIE STORM SHADOW AND DESTRO - TNI Forums

Jump to content

  • 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

MOVIE STORM SHADOW AND DESTRO look like crap

#126 User is offline   JayC 

  • ENI Webmaster
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 14,083
  • Joined: 04-June 02

Posted 11 May 2008 - 10:44 PM

View PostCLAM34, on May 8 2008, 09:24 PM, said:

Speed Racer will beat Ironman for the week probably.... but it wont beat Ironman's opening weekend...



also.. Speed Racers is more true to the original cartoon than this GiJoe movie is.. Look at his car, look at the other characters and costumes,.. very similar


Off Topic again, but I told you I didn't think Speed was gonna beat Iron Man for #1 this weekend @nana@

http://enewsi.com/ne...90&itemid=13248

#127 User is offline   Wheeljack35 

  • The Jedi Insider Jedi
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 31,359
  • Joined: 21-February 04

Posted 11 May 2008 - 11:07 PM

I knew Speed Racer wasn't going to be as big as Ironman was



Anyways this thread sounds like the Transformers boards last year TFans,Seibertron,Don Murphy Board(Hell Seibertron and Don Murphy almost had a board war over the look of the Transformers)

I don't know why this director has gone the Michael Bay route

With this you could dress the characters as they were as Action figures

...except Destro I hate his look in this movie I know he would look stupid with a big collar but who says you need a big collar?

Destro should also look Buff and this weasly looking dude will have Baroness hanging over him?

They could of used a mask and CGI his lips moving on a metal mask

I know its not real but is Baroness being attracted to this guy going to b e any more real?

#128 User is offline   CLAM 

  • ADC MVP since '01
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 17,033
  • Joined: 29-April 03

Posted 11 May 2008 - 11:09 PM

View PostJayC, on May 11 2008, 08:44 PM, said:

View PostCLAM34, on May 8 2008, 09:24 PM, said:

Speed Racer will beat Ironman for the week probably.... but it wont beat Ironman's opening weekend...



also.. Speed Racers is more true to the original cartoon than this GiJoe movie is.. Look at his car, look at the other characters and costumes,.. very similar


Off Topic again, but I told you I didn't think Speed was gonna beat Iron Man for #1 this weekend @nana@

http://enewsi.com/ne...90&itemid=13248



OH SNAP! good call Jay...

I didn't see Speed Racer bombing so badly.... dang.. all the publicity I have seen for this thing... so may commercials... so many toys all over the place... and only 20 million!! Wow man, that is bad.

I guess sometimes good taste prevails.

#129 User is offline   Draven79 

  • Silent But Deadly Has A Whole New Meaning!
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 26,135
  • Joined: 21-March 02

Posted 11 May 2008 - 11:34 PM

Wow, even I did not expect Speed to bomb quite like that....... even with all the 1 star reviews I read, I expected it to do more @loll@
Draven

#130 User is offline   pesatyel 

  • Lando Calrissian
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 10,878
  • Joined: 26-September 03

Posted 12 May 2008 - 12:00 AM

View PostRobbieDigital, on May 11 2008, 10:25 PM, said:

View PostCLAM34, on May 11 2008, 08:43 PM, said:

View Postcvg_620382820, on May 11 2008, 05:26 PM, said:

I dont know if anyone saw this http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Xs4RYwl7fa0

seemes like this movie is a big joke to him



so...from what he says.. we can tell about the movie:

GiJoe is completely over the top.
GiJoe is not serious at all.
GiJoe is wackier than Third Rock From the Sun.
GiJoe is not a movie that makes you think.
GiJoe is just fun.
GiJoe bares absoltely no resemblance to reality.


so uh... why did we have to get the cheesy new costumes??? Oh right, because they are more realistic and will translate better on screen.

hmm.. that is two of the stars so far that have admitted that GiJoe is just a stupid movie..... great.


Couldn't have said it better myself.........I know its based on toys and its not being translated from a literary classic or anything.....but there are just sooooo many signs to this being a bad movie.......not just a bad Joe movie but a bad movie period.

Plus, I saw something interesting this past weekend.....it was a interview with Robert Downey Jr. who said that the actors on Iron Man wanted to go the extra distance because they wanted it to be more than just a "popcorn flick." Granted, the cast of Iron Man is somewhat beyond what a normal comic movie cast gets........5 actors previously nominated for Oscars.........but it shows when actors are just phoning it in. The cast of GI Joe seems like they are all just getting a paycheck from what I've seen in interviews........for that stupid "popcorn flick". Like they are embarrassed they are in it or something.

Someone at Hasbro should get a publicist for these guys.........even Harrison Ford doesn't make himself look that ridiculous when he's talking about how he doesn't "get" all the Star Wars stuff.

I know they are just actors and they really don't care but as a movie fan too......I want to see a good movie as well. It just has crap written all over it.



This guy sounds like a REAL jerk. I mean, the movie may suck because of a horrible story line. That's possible. But with jerks like this making it? It could be the best "live action version" of the G.I. Joe EVER....and still flop because morons like this don't/can't take it seriously.

That's one of the things I hate about celebrities. A lot of them don't feel they have to take their jobs seriously because, they don't really HAVE to.

I have to say, it doesn't matter if your a garbage man, desk jockey, actor or president, you should do the best you can in whatever job you have. There HAVE been really bad movies with horrible scripts that were still good, in a way, becuase the actors took the roles seriously.

But certainly NOT with an attitude as presented by the doofus in the video.

#131 User is offline   gscbr 

  • work in progress
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,775
  • Joined: 14-July 04

Posted 12 May 2008 - 12:13 AM

View PostViper Hunter, on May 10 2008, 07:40 AM, said:

Look at how many years they've been trying to reinvent the ARAH version of G.I.JOE and all it's characters? Style change after style change, new characters, old characters in different uniforms, theme after theme, Sigma Six and so on....

but what did it take to re-ignite and BLOW UP the popularity and sales of G.I.Joe the RAH line?


The 25th anniversary line, and the Joes & Cobra characters as we've always know, recognized and LOVED them!



Seems a movie version could LEARN a little something about this, and stick to the source.



Destro in a business suit and without his MASK???? @hmmm@


In otherwords, to give the actor playing him FACE time, we'll see Destro like this for the majority of the film, only to see him as we KNOW him, for maybe 10 mins of it.

dude, how can you with a straight face attempt to create a correlation between the adult toy collector which is driving the success of the 25th line, with his stunted mental growth that is stuck at age 10 which has created an absolute refusal to be able to accept anything that does not replicate a property exactly how it was in his childhood, with the worlddwide box office audience that will determine this movies success? there just is no correlation between the relative success of the 25th Anniversary line, which was so huge that Hasbro didn't even find it necessary to address it in its annual report, and what will be necessary to make a $170 million dollar movie a success to an audience far more varied and open minded than 30 year old men stuck in their adolescence.

#132 User is offline   CLAM 

  • ADC MVP since '01
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 17,033
  • Joined: 29-April 03

Posted 12 May 2008 - 12:37 AM

View Postgscbr, on May 11 2008, 10:13 PM, said:

View PostViper Hunter, on May 10 2008, 07:40 AM, said:

Look at how many years they've been trying to reinvent the ARAH version of G.I.JOE and all it's characters? Style change after style change, new characters, old characters in different uniforms, theme after theme, Sigma Six and so on....

but what did it take to re-ignite and BLOW UP the popularity and sales of G.I.Joe the RAH line?


The 25th anniversary line, and the Joes & Cobra characters as we've always know, recognized and LOVED them!



Seems a movie version could LEARN a little something about this, and stick to the source.



Destro in a business suit and without his MASK???? @hmmm@


In otherwords, to give the actor playing him FACE time, we'll see Destro like this for the majority of the film, only to see him as we KNOW him, for maybe 10 mins of it.

dude, how can you with a straight face attempt to create a correlation between the adult toy collector which is driving the success of the 25th line, with his stunted mental growth that is stuck at age 10 which has created an absolute refusal to be able to accept anything that does not replicate a property exactly how it was in his childhood, with the worlddwide box office audience that will determine this movies success? there just is no correlation between the relative success of the 25th Anniversary line, which was so huge that Hasbro didn't even find it necessary to address it in its annual report, and what will be necessary to make a $170 million dollar movie a success to an audience far more varied and open minded than 30 year old men stuck in their adolescence.



stunted mental growth?
stuck in their adolescence?

why? just because we prefer RAH to anything that has been done with GiJoe still? damn.. that is some ignorant logic there.

if it wasn't for RAH, there would be no GiJoe movie. If we weren't here still talking about the characters we love 15+ years after RAH ended, there wouldn't be any reason for them to make the movie.

The characters of RAH have continued to 2008 through toys and comics... no need for Hollywood to change them. That is what GiJoe is, not just what 30 year old men think it is.

#133 User is offline   gscbr 

  • work in progress
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,775
  • Joined: 14-July 04

Posted 12 May 2008 - 12:53 AM

View PostCLAM34, on May 11 2008, 10:37 PM, said:

stunted mental growth?
stuck in their adolescence?

why? just because we prefer RAH to anything that has been done with GiJoe still? damn.. that is some ignorant logic there.

if it wasn't for RAH, there would be no GiJoe movie. If we weren't here still talking about the characters we love 15+ years after RAH ended, there wouldn't be any reason for them to make the movie.

The characters of RAH have continued to 2008 through toys and comics... no need for Hollywood to change them. That is what GiJoe is, not just what 30 year old men think it is.

no, that is what 30 year old men think it is. what G.I. Joe actually is is anything it wants to be that adheres to the brands brand elements, which this movie does. Hollywood isn't changing it, Hasbro is -- huge difference. you think just because you have been it's consumer for 25 years that the only way to do it right is to appeal to you. talk about ignorant logic. there are plenty of people that didn't play with G.I. Joe in 1983 and got into the brand later, including kids who got into the brand with the launch of Joe vs Cobra or even Sigma 6. this movie is aimed at ringing familiar with all of those demographics while simultaneously creating an entirely new story. being based on characters that were created in RAH does not mean this is a RAH movie or is even attempting to be. G.I. Joe is not dependent on RAH, that was just another successful incarnation to the brand, but not the brand itself.

I don't have high hopes for the movie simply because I have read the script and find it disappointing, but what is wrong with it isn't where it strays from uniform designs from 25 years ago or where it doesn't adhere to the characters portrayal in a lame soap-opera level 1980's comic. the ideas in the movie are good, and arguable better than the comic or the cartoon it is the execution that is weak. but you don't care about the execution, because you can't see past the fact that it isn't an adaptation of your childhood and what you have envisioned and held on to for 25 years. that sure sounds like stunted mental growth that has caused a refusal to accept any deviation from 1983 to me.

#134 User is offline   Lord Amron 

  • Imperial Officer
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,177
  • Joined: 26-March 04

Posted 12 May 2008 - 05:08 AM

I agree with the above post!!! #US1#

#135 User is offline   Ares6009 

  • Emperor's Royal Guard
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,627
  • Joined: 20-February 08

Posted 12 May 2008 - 10:22 AM

I just hope I can honestly say it was better than Street Fighter after seeing it. It doesn't even have to be by much, and I actually liked SF for what it was, but I know the overwhelming consensus is that it was crap. I am afraid that is the way I see things going here, only with Dennis Quaid instead of JCVD. And if the film flops, you can sure bet the toy line will be close behind.

#136 User is offline   VindowViper 

  • Andorian
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 163
  • Joined: 26-January 06

Posted 12 May 2008 - 12:04 PM

That is the real concern for me. It is a risky move on Hasbro's part to change to costumes and characters. Popular opinion will dictate their fate, so we'll just have to wait and see...

#137 User is offline   gscbr 

  • work in progress
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,775
  • Joined: 14-July 04

Posted 12 May 2008 - 12:56 PM

View PostVindowViper, on May 12 2008, 10:04 AM, said:

That is the real concern for me. It is a risky move on Hasbro's part to change to costumes and characters. Popular opinion will dictate their fate, so we'll just have to wait and see...

no it isn't, because the success of this movie will depend on drawing in an audience with very little to no recollection of the character designs of 25 years ago. don't confuse what it will take to make adult toy enthusiasts happy with what it will take to appeal to the rest of the movie going world.

#138 User is offline   Crimson Twins 

  • Two are better than one
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,778
  • Joined: 12-June 04

Posted 12 May 2008 - 03:13 PM

View Postgscbr, on May 12 2008, 01:56 PM, said:

View PostVindowViper, on May 12 2008, 10:04 AM, said:

That is the real concern for me. It is a risky move on Hasbro's part to change to costumes and characters. Popular opinion will dictate their fate, so we'll just have to wait and see...

no it isn't, because the success of this movie will depend on drawing in an audience with very little to no recollection of the character designs of 25 years ago. don't confuse what it will take to make adult toy enthusiasts happy with what it will take to appeal to the rest of the movie going world.


And that is the exact point I've been trying to get across. This is going to be a summer movie release that needs to appeal to the masses. It needs to appeal to the kids that are on summer vacation. It needs to appeal to the 20 something college crowds. And it needs to appeal to those in their early to mid 30s. Those are the money makers. Of which, most adult collectors are only a small niche audience in the overall numbers. So, they need to be able to appeal to the entire audience. What does the average teenager know about a product from 25 years ago?

#139 User is offline   gscbr 

  • work in progress
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,775
  • Joined: 14-July 04

Posted 12 May 2008 - 03:52 PM

View PostCrimson Twins, on May 12 2008, 01:13 PM, said:

View Postgscbr, on May 12 2008, 01:56 PM, said:

View PostVindowViper, on May 12 2008, 10:04 AM, said:

That is the real concern for me. It is a risky move on Hasbro's part to change to costumes and characters. Popular opinion will dictate their fate, so we'll just have to wait and see...

no it isn't, because the success of this movie will depend on drawing in an audience with very little to no recollection of the character designs of 25 years ago. don't confuse what it will take to make adult toy enthusiasts happy with what it will take to appeal to the rest of the movie going world.


And that is the exact point I've been trying to get across. This is going to be a summer movie release that needs to appeal to the masses. It needs to appeal to the kids that are on summer vacation. It needs to appeal to the 20 something college crowds. And it needs to appeal to those in their early to mid 30s. Those are the money makers. Of which, most adult collectors are only a small niche audience in the overall numbers. So, they need to be able to appeal to the entire audience. What does the average teenager know about a product from 25 years ago?

nobody wants the truth, sadly. they simply want their needs met with a movie that closely resembles what they have been envisioning for 25 years, regardless of whether it will play with todays audience or not, and will argue that since it worked 25 years ago, and they like it, than it must work nowadays. how could it not? nobodies tastes or prefences ever change from generation to generation, right?

toy collectors have no vision, that is why they love the same thing redone over and over again. how long is G.I. Joe supposed to continue to repeat itself until it comes with something new? the success of the brand hinges on its ability to reinvent itself and continue to appeal to new generations -- just like RAH accomplished, and Adventure Team before that. unfortunately, adult toy collectors don't like that prospect because it inherently means the product isn't aimed at them or meeting their needs. they claim a pseudo ownership of the brand, like our dear moderator Clam, claiming they are somehow responsible for the brand because they have kept it alive, so they should be the only people being catered to. that is ridiculous.

granted, the past Hasbro teams haven't done a great job at reinventing the brand and capturing the attention of new generations to the extent that RAH did, but that doesn't mean change is bad, as adult collectors will cry in an attempt to keep the brand stagnant, it simply means that those specific changes were bad. huge difference, which adult toy collectors with no ability to understand how to create exciting products, don't get.

#140 User is offline   VindowViper 

  • Andorian
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 163
  • Joined: 26-January 06

Posted 12 May 2008 - 04:24 PM

Like I said, we'll just have to wait and see, or in other words, ticket sales will reveal the popular appeal of the movie. How can you contest this statement? Gscbr, you don't know that changing the costumes to the ones shown is a good idea or a bad idea, yet. Neither do I. All I'm doing is stating my preference. (However, the costumes of the past have proven to be popular, and we have nothing to go on for these new costumes but hunches)

#141 User is offline   gscbr 

  • work in progress
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,775
  • Joined: 14-July 04

Posted 12 May 2008 - 06:04 PM

View PostVindowViper, on May 12 2008, 02:24 PM, said:

Gscbr, you don't know that changing the costumes to the ones shown is a good idea or a bad idea, yet. Neither do I. All I'm doing is stating my preference. (However, the costumes of the past have proven to be popular, and we have nothing to go on for these new costumes but hunches)

no I don't, and don't claim to. personally, I think the outfits look lame. but that is different than those who are complaining that they suck simply because they are different. those people would have hated the designs no matter what they looked like simply because they aren't v.1. that's is what I am ridiculing.

#142 User is offline   bbblackwell 

  • Nameless Thug
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2
  • Joined: 15-May 08

Posted 15 May 2008 - 07:40 PM

Hahahah, I just think it's hilarious that everytime these Hollywood types try to make a movie "cool" they have to put everyone in black leather costumes. Hahhaa, they're creative GENIUSES! This is going to be a great "B" movie, they should send it straight to DVD that way nobody will even know about it and the producers can save themselves the trouble of reading through all the nasty emails from disappointed mainstream G.I.Joe fans. Yo Joe! Hahahahaha!

P.S. Let's hope the Hulk movie is better the second time around. Judging by the toys, I seriously doubt it!

Think Positive! heh heh heh
bbblackwell

#143 User is offline   Viper Hunter 

  • The Good
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 22,445
  • Joined: 12-August 02

Posted 18 May 2008 - 03:55 PM

View Postgscbr, on May 12 2008, 12:13 AM, said:

View PostViper Hunter, on May 10 2008, 07:40 AM, said:

Look at how many years they've been trying to reinvent the ARAH version of G.I.JOE and all it's characters? Style change after style change, new characters, old characters in different uniforms, theme after theme, Sigma Six and so on....

but what did it take to re-ignite and BLOW UP the popularity and sales of G.I.Joe the RAH line?


The 25th anniversary line, and the Joes & Cobra characters as we've always know, recognized and LOVED them!



Seems a movie version could LEARN a little something about this, and stick to the source.



Destro in a business suit and without his MASK???? @hmmm@


In otherwords, to give the actor playing him FACE time, we'll see Destro like this for the majority of the film, only to see him as we KNOW him, for maybe 10 mins of it.



dude, how can you with a straight face attempt to create a correlation between the adult toy collector which is driving the success of the 25th line, with his stunted mental growth that is stuck at age 10 which has created an absolute refusal to be able to accept anything that does not replicate a property exactly how it was in his childhood, with the worlddwide box office audience that will determine this movies success?

there just is no correlation between the relative success of the 25th Anniversary line, which was so huge that Hasbro didn't even find it necessary to address it in its annual report, and what will be necessary to make a $170 million dollar movie a success to an audience far more varied and open minded than 30 year old men stuck in their adolescence.


Just a theory..."dude"! That's about all it is. ^_^

Not everybody is into cartoons and action figures, and you're right that the LARGER audience out there, (the MOVIE going population) is what Hasbro hopes to attract with this endeavor, but that doesn't mean that changing the property, as it was first orginated, is an automatic or NECESSARY evil, in order to make it interesting for them....is it?

I would be willing to bet, that a far LARGER number of kids from the 80's, who watched all those ARAH cartoons or read all the comic books, or quite possibly PLAYED with the toys, did not grow up to collect the old toys like all of us HERE have done all these years, but yet, I'd be willing to bet also, that if they catch wind of a MOVIE version (of all this ARAH STUFF they remember from their childhood) is coming out, that they'll have specific expectations for it, and expect to see the glory of it all, as it was originated and not so much with all this Hollywood typical BULLSH@# of tampering with the property, under the excuse that the orignal property is outdated and dull and needs some sprucing up.

Does Indiana Jones have to suddenly take place in the NOW to appeal to the "worldwide audience, who might find to era boring and outdated, and prefer a more futuristic archaeologist TOMB RAIDER in tight Black spandex fighting modern terrorists or space aliens in his pursuit to find ancient artifacts?

G.I.Joe ARAH has gained a lot of attention, since Hasbro went back to it's roots. I only SPECULATED (straight face and all) that they could learn a little something by this, by sticking to the roots of the original property that made G.I.Joe (in all it's ARAH theme and glory years) so popular to begin with.

Hardly the big deal is it? Hardly worth the tirade against us old collectors and fans?

#144 User is offline   RobbieDigital 

  • With Bottlecap Bitin Action!!!!
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,932
  • Joined: 20-January 02

Posted 18 May 2008 - 07:34 PM

Anybody seen the Powersuit pics........it reminds me of Jesse Ventura in "Running Man" "Awww get this crap offfa me!" or something along those lines.

I mean they are on-set pics not official releases or anything but they still look really lame.


Also, people remember more than you think.........I was at work the other day looking at the pictures of Heavy-Duty and one of my co-workers came in and asked me "Who's that" I said its from the GI Joe movie.........he's 28 so he's around the age that would remember GI Joe from a kid.......I showed him the pics and he was like "Why isn't it Roadblock?" and "Destro had a silver face didn't he?" "That looks stupid" was pretty much the consensus from most of the guys I work with. Pretty much everyone is in the same age range......25-30.

Keep in mind I didn't say anything to sway anyones opinion........cause I was curious to what people would say.

#145 User is offline   ssdsus 

  • Mouser
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 201
  • Joined: 14-November 03

  Posted 18 May 2008 - 08:09 PM

View PostRobbieDigital, on May 18 2008, 08:34 PM, said:

Anybody seen the Powersuit pics........


http://justjared.buzznet.com/2008/05/16/ch...filming-gi-joe/
http://justjared.buz...ark-snake-eyes/

Look, I was on the frontlines saying we should wait until Transformers comes out before we bash it, and that one turned out great........but come on. Powersuits? For the love of god, why? Someone give me one good reason that Joes should all be running around in identical powersuits.

I could deal with a Destro that starts the movie without his mask, or a Cobra Commander that starts out a Joe, or a black Ripcord.......but I defy anyone to look at those pics and say, "Wow, that's awesome! I love power suits!" I think we all need to stop and smell the roses. This movie is going to be a Street Fighter-esque train wreck. @grumpy@

Louis

#146 User is offline   Blackmada 

  • Bumblebee
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 11,413
  • Joined: 12-June 02

Posted 18 May 2008 - 09:03 PM

View PostRobbieDigital, on May 18 2008, 07:34 PM, said:

Anybody seen the Powersuit pics........it reminds me of Jesse Ventura in "Running Man" "Awww get this crap offfa me!" or something along those lines.

I mean they are on-set pics not official releases or anything but they still look really lame.


Also, people remember more than you think.........I was at work the other day looking at the pictures of Heavy-Duty and one of my co-workers came in and asked me "Who's that" I said its from the GI Joe movie.........he's 28 so he's around the age that would remember GI Joe from a kid.......I showed him the pics and he was like "Why isn't it Roadblock?" and "Destro had a silver face didn't he?" "That looks stupid" was pretty much the consensus from most of the guys I work with. Pretty much everyone is in the same age range......25-30.

Keep in mind I didn't say anything to sway anyones opinion........cause I was curious to what people would say.

My mom even said something like that and she is in her early 50's. All she was going by was what she remembered from me watching the cartoon as a kid or the very little she remembered from the toys.

I don't think there are many people who don't know what the old Joes looked like.

#147 User is offline   ssdsus 

  • Mouser
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 201
  • Joined: 14-November 03

  Posted 18 May 2008 - 09:46 PM

I just had a thought:

Maybe the director thinks he's filming "Halo 3: The Movie"

@firedevil@

#148 User is offline   Mike 

  • Monkey
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 21,368
  • Joined: 29-July 03

Posted 19 May 2008 - 09:51 AM

man... these are some of the worst movie costumes I've ever seen... storm shadow looks worse then most convention fan costumes I've seen lol

same with snake eyes.. he looks great in the those pictures in that link sure, only because they made it so dark, you can't see any of thee terrible looking parts of the costume.

#149 User is offline   VindowViper 

  • Andorian
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 163
  • Joined: 26-January 06

Posted 19 May 2008 - 01:31 PM

View Postssdsus, on May 18 2008, 08:09 PM, said:

View PostRobbieDigital, on May 18 2008, 08:34 PM, said:

Anybody seen the Powersuit pics........


http://justjared.buzznet.com/2008/05/16/ch...filming-gi-joe/
http://justjared.buz...ark-snake-eyes/

Look, I was on the frontlines saying we should wait until Transformers comes out before we bash it, and that one turned out great........but come on. Powersuits? For the love of god, why? Someone give me one good reason that Joes should all be running around in identical powersuits.

I could deal with a Destro that starts the movie without his mask, or a Cobra Commander that starts out a Joe, or a black Ripcord.......but I defy anyone to look at those pics and say, "Wow, that's awesome! I love power suits!" I think we all need to stop and smell the roses. This movie is going to be a Street Fighter-esque train wreck. @grumpy@

Louis


Man, that powersuit looks just terrible. I thought they were already wearing the powersuits. Is this Unreal Tournament or Gears of War, the movie?

#150 User is offline   RobbieDigital 

  • With Bottlecap Bitin Action!!!!
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,932
  • Joined: 20-January 02

Posted 19 May 2008 - 07:00 PM

View PostVindowViper, on May 19 2008, 01:31 PM, said:

View Postssdsus, on May 18 2008, 08:09 PM, said:

View PostRobbieDigital, on May 18 2008, 08:34 PM, said:

Anybody seen the Powersuit pics........


http://justjared.buzznet.com/2008/05/16/ch...filming-gi-joe/
http://justjared.buz...ark-snake-eyes/

Look, I was on the frontlines saying we should wait until Transformers comes out before we bash it, and that one turned out great........but come on. Powersuits? For the love of god, why? Someone give me one good reason that Joes should all be running around in identical powersuits.

I could deal with a Destro that starts the movie without his mask, or a Cobra Commander that starts out a Joe, or a black Ripcord.......but I defy anyone to look at those pics and say, "Wow, that's awesome! I love power suits!" I think we all need to stop and smell the roses. This movie is going to be a Street Fighter-esque train wreck. @grumpy@

Louis


Man, that powersuit looks just terrible. I thought they were already wearing the powersuits. Is this Unreal Tournament or Gears of War, the movie?


Its got too many other aspects of other lines in it (the movie) and not enough GI Joe influence other than the names and some characteristics here and there.

Share this topic:


  • 6 Pages +
  • « First
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users


ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment
 
Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us