MOTUC: Why so many haters?

MegaGearX

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like them and will be buying them but i no wi have my dislikes. I don't like that we can only get them online, i don't like the high price point, i dont like that they are not in scale with the other 4HM figures and i would have preferred a different style. I would have liked them to be more modern instead of based on the original figures. I wanted to see in scale 4HM interpretations of the characters.

Because Heman 2002 was so great and it stopped not due to fans but Mattel doing repaints. Many people wanted the new line to be somewhat like the 2002 line. Im betting they will come around.

However, Mattel is stupid as stupid can be. Why start a line with a figure (King Greyskull) most people want but cant obtain. It sways people to just not start the line.

Personally, I like that I can buy them online, saves me many trips to the store looking for them (I can never find anything new where I am) I don't really care for the $20, so I will probably only be getting the basic ones, but even still, I think these look great!

In a nutshell the reason I don't like then is they resemble the original toyline too much. Which in MY opinion were not figures that I liked even as a kid.

The 2002 line was great because it took MOTU in a much cooler direction as far as looks. It was like having all those cool characters the way I always wanted them to look as a kid.

The new line (once again in my opinion) is a step backward in appearance.

I personally like the line. Yes, the style is based heavily on the original series, but I like the new articulation which is something the 2002 line didn't have. Figures could only stand in one pose, and were often times hunched over. If you tried to stand them up straight, they'd fall over. Plus the few vehicles produced caused the figures to be seated in very awkward poses. I've pulled out my old Dragon Walker, Road Ripper and Sky Sled and not only do DCUC Superman fit comfortably, but so does Greyskull. So, I see that while the general look of the figures harkons back to 1983, the improved construction is a step forward over the 2002 line.

Be that at as it may, I'd prefer a brick and mortar option for this line. A store exclusive perhaps. I think I'd buy more if there wasn't a $6 shipping fee attached to every figure and then a 12 day wait to get it (since it comes from Canada apparently).

Because Heman 2002 was so great and it stopped not due to fans but Mattel doing repaints. Many people wanted the new line to be somewhat like the 2002 line. Im betting they will come around.

However, Mattel is stupid as stupid can be. Why start a line with a figure (King Greyskull) most people want but cant obtain. It sways people to just not start the line.

I hope your right SS49...

That is all I can say at this point.

#US1#

I don't hate the new figures its just not what I wanted............I loved the 200X line....and the cartoon. Yeah, it was aimed at kids (some of the episodes) but I still got enjoyment from watching it. I just wanted to see a continuation of the 200X style of figures......I liked the Stactions for what they were...but I still wanted to see some of those "statues" in figure form. I'm not hating on the line though......I'm just not into it. I liked the King Greyskull idea and was like "Sweet" when I first heard the news....but I still haven't been able to get one.

Thats not a huge reason for me not being in on this line.........the price too is a little steep IMO.

Plus, articulation is overrated IMO........Most of the time with my figures I just display them.....I put them in poses everyonce a while (Joes mainly) but for the most part I'm a "open and put on the shelf with other figures guy" So thats not a huge selling point for me........

Basically I think its a step back in a way for Mattel.......they do TRY....but I think a 200X re-launch would have been accepted a little more by most of the fan base.

I would have been totally down with this line if it came out before the 200X line........but I think the 200X line was cool as hell.......its weird.....I basically just think its a step back.

Its like with the 25th Joe line.......if Hasbro just dropped it and took 2 years off and started selling regular RAH figures I probably wouldn't be as excited. Cause I've seen the potential for the line and figures.......but now they want me to go back.

As an adult collector when I started buying figures back that I had as a kid I didn't do it with MOTU cause the figures look terrible to me now as an adult collector........I still have a love for MOTU but I just had no real WANT to go back and buy old MOTU stuff.........the new line in 2002 was a way of going back for me. Thats the main reason for me..........but there is no "I hate mattel" or anything. I just think its a step back.......and I'm not going for it.

I love this Line and I don't see it as completely out of scale with the 200x line, I say this because all the 200x line have bent knees. I support this line fully and I like that they're online, I don't have to hunt for them and I dont have to deal with stupid repaints. $20 a figure maybe a little steep but a lower production run will drive the price up a bit, plus if you compare it to Hasbo's Hulk Legends line at $14.99 a piece it doesn't seem too bad.

I'm seriously on the fence with MOTUC.

I like He-man, not as much as I like G.I. Joe or wrestling, but He-Man has always had its appeal. I loved MYP/4H 200x version of the franchise but the toys did lack articulation - which is what MOTUC is all about - cept MOTUC also stays faithful to the old-dated look.

That aside, this is why I dont like the line:

$20/figure!?! They have the same articulation as Jakks DA's or DCUC and are $20 a figure?!!

1 figure a month!?! The MOTU franchise has what? 150 characters? Yes all obviously wont get done, but 1 figure a month is pretty lame by today's standards of "waves"

Starting Over! MOTUC doesn't fit with 200x or 80s He-Man, so if you want it to blend you've got to start from scratch....again!!!

200x rules!!! When I heard about this I was stoked because I was hoping to get action versions of the Stactions and the hard to find Snake Armor He-Man. I'm disappointed in this line and feel it's a step backwards. 200x was PERFECT (except the repaints). I hope thet intergrate 200x in with some of these releases. I'm having a harder and harder time keeping my Staction Hordak in the package!!

As some have said, I think much of the hate (if you can call it that) is because the 2002 re-launch was so outstanding.

It could easily still be going today, but Mattel murdered it in its infancy with unforgivable case ratios. Even after the Smash Blade He-Man/Spin Blade Skeletor debacle, it could have been salvaged if Mattel would have only listened to the fans. And that leads me to another reason for disdain regarding MOTUC: Mattel's inability to do a line justice. I think a lot of people don't think Mattel can get this done well, and they don't want to shell out more money (over twice as much per figure as 200X) just to have it go under in less than a year.

I loved the re-launch, and I'm going to finish my collection little by little, but I'm also going to support MOTUC. I'd have preferred a continuation of 200X with resculpts and new additions, but this new line still looks sweet.

Yeah, its like the "You don't know what you had until its gone" kinda thing......but in reverse.

If these figures came out in 2002.....and the 200X MOTU never existed....I would be all over this line.

But I saw the 200X line and collected it hardcore......I even drove from Delaware to Chicago 15 hours in 2003 for a chance at a Keldor. (Which I didn't get and still don't have)

But I have seen the potential for MOTU even held it in my hands....and I don't want to start back up again with something "new"........

Plus, the articulation isn't off the charts or anything.......we're not talking ML style articulation.

For me, several reasons. I liked the 2002 line but couldn't get them all b/c no store store got the merch in decent quantities. And I liked the original line as a kid but I'm not into spending 20 bucks a pop for the old figures with better articulation. I mean I have like 20 Spidermans and Batmans each who are all different kinds of rehashes of each other but I'm only paying ten bucks at the most and can get them (with the exceptions of MMs haha) in stores unlike paying $20 and shipping for He-Man that looks like the old school versions with elbow joints. I think I would like to see it in person. But just looking at the pic online its no. It feels like a step back compared to He-Man of 2002

I'll buy them, I like the one a month plan, makes it easier to purchase, plus they promise no one will be shorte. Not a big fan of the 2002 anime style, although, I love the show, watching the Snakemen episodes today!

$20 + shipping is way too much for these figures.

I prefer the 200X style. I would love to see the staction figures get rereleased as figures in this line.

I don't dislike the look of the new figures as much as some people, but I guess I was hoping for something better.

One figure a month doesn't bother me either. I like the slow pace and not having to worry about buying a whole wave all at once.

But that $20 price point is a huge detractor for me. Huge.

$20 + shipping is way too much for these figures.

I prefer the 200X style. I would love to see the staction figures get rereleased as figures in this line.

I don't dislike the look of the new figures as much as some people, but I guess I was hoping for something better.

One figure a month doesn't bother me either. I like the slow pace and not having to worry about buying a whole wave all at once.

But that $20 price point is a huge detractor for me. Huge.

Agreed on the price tag, it wouldn't be bad at all if you got He-Man and Beastman together for $20. I could handle that.

I don't mind the price that much because it's one figure a month, so that gives me plenty of time to save, and I don't have to drive all around looking for them.

The bad thing is that it's only one figure a month, by the time they get to all the characters we really want to see made how many yrs down the road will that be. (that being said if there is a movie, then this line may stop for the movie figures) I hope it doesn't.

The good/bad thing is they do look good, but not up to the 2002 line which to me I would rather have at this point then going back to everyone looking like the 80's versions. I mean if they wanted to do that they should have stuck with just giving us re-issues.

I think now we have been spoiled by the 4 Horsemen with the 2002 line and the stactions with how awesome they can make the line look updated and at the same time still paying homage to the originals. If I wanted the line to go in any direction I think it would have been where 4H was taking it.

Bottom line is I see a lot of potential in this line, I hope it does well, I just personally had rather seen it look more like the 2002 line.

I don't mind the price that much because it's one figure a month, so that gives me plenty of time to save, and I don't have to drive all around looking for them.

The bad thing is that it's only one figure a month, by the time they get to all the characters we really want to see made how many yrs down the road will that be. (that being said if there is a movie, then this line may stop for the movie figures) I hope it doesn't.

The good/bad thing is they do look good, but not up to the 2002 line which to me I would rather have at this point then going back to everyone looking like the 80's versions. I mean if they wanted to do that they should have stuck with just giving us re-issues.

I think now we have been spoiled by the 4 Horsemen with the 2002 line and the stactions with how awesome they can make the line look updated and at the same time still paying homage to the originals. If I wanted the line to go in any direction I think it would have been where 4H was taking it.

Bottom line is I see a lot of potential in this line, I hope it does well, I just personally had rather seen it look more like the 2002 line.

You should join my list on He-Man.org. We want 200X sculpts with MOTUX articulation. If you wanna support it, I'll add your name to the list.

The Official 200X figures in MOTUC Support Thread

Check this out! This is exactly what we're campaigning for!

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/showth...d=1#post1975912

I think a better question is why are people so willing to let Mattel rape them? $20 a figure plus s&h is a total rip off, not to mention they are re-releasing characters that most of us who collected the 2002 line already have.

I think a better question is why are people so willing to let Mattel rape them? $20 a figure plus s&h is a total rip off, not to mention they are re-releasing characters that most of us who collected the 2002 line already have.

These aren't the 2002 versions. But we're working on that.

They are better versions of the 80's versions. And many fans are chomping at the bits to have better MOTU figures to collect that have modern articulation and look like the version that they never got as children. MOTU exists again and now it's a complete line that has the potential to do not only everyone, but even new characters who never got figures. You might not see a difference with MOTU, but when the She-Ra and New Adventures figures come out, you'll see a big jump in quality.

These aren't the 2002 versions. But we're working on that.

They are better versions of the 80's versions. And many fans are chomping at the bits to have better MOTU figures to collect that have modern articulation and look like the version that they never got as children. MOTU exists again and now it's a complete line that has the potential to do not only everyone, but even new characters who never got figures. You might not see a difference with MOTU, but when the She-Ra and New Adventures figures come out, you'll see a big jump in quality.

That is cool and all but I have a bunch from the original 80's figures, I have a bunch from the 2002. So I can't see paying 20 bucks a pop plus S&H for a new set once a month for the same old same old. And its not even a new sculpt. Its the 80's with elbow joints. If Mattel had redesigned He-Man like they did for 2002, I might be interested but its too much money for the 80's with a joint in the elbow.

I agree. I am not to interested in paying that kind of money for the figures we have seen so far for this new line. If Mattel ends up releasing some of those 2002 figures we never got before like Hordak then I will likely get them. I don't really understand why Mattel couldn't sell these at the stores for resonable prices though. If Hasbro can sell classic GIJoe figures why can't Mattel sell classic MOTU figures at retail?

• Find Action Figures on Ebay

Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE