More Con Images

JayC

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is the armored guy?

I'm thinking that would be the Wraith character everyone is hot for. I stopped reading the comics waaayyy before DDP took over, so I really don't know, but it seems like a good guess.

Who is the armored guy?

DDP-created character, Wraith.

Hasbro's taken some liberties, making him more realistic, since the comic design really didn't allow for anything except the skin tight suit (even with three layers of armor). Hasbro's made him a bit thicker, a little klunky, but infinitely more interesting to look at.

They probably could've done a better job of translating the skull-mask design, but I'm liking it. Wish they had any plans to do the DDP females...

Mutt looks great. He has his mustache.

TF Duke's arms look alot better. He has his backpack now too.

Croc Master is really good and mean looking.

The Para Trooper is really cool. About the coolest troop yet. Lots of stuff on him.

The Bazooka Trooper is pretty cool too.

Who is the armored guy?

DDP-created character, Wraith.

Hasbro's taken some liberties, making him more realistic, since the comic design really didn't allow for anything except the skin tight suit (even with three layers of armor). Hasbro's made him a bit thicker, a little klunky, but infinitely more interesting to look at.

They probably could've done a better job of translating the skull-mask design, but I'm liking it. Wish they had any plans to do the DDP females...

I don't remember him looking like that.. I didn't read the comics he was in, but last time I saw him, I thought he looked cool.. this guy looks like Robocop... pretty crappy figure

The Tiger Force Duke makes me happy. The right pack, the right gun... everything is perfect

exactly.. why didnt this pack and gun, and all Duke's correct gear make it to any of the previous Duke releases? I can give my original Duke the gun, but the pack will be the wrong color.

better late than never I guess... he rocks

The Para Trooper is really cool. About the coolest troop yet. Lots of stuff on him.

I think that Mutt and Croc Master are two of the best figures yet, definitely in the top 5.

TF Duke and Cobra Bazooka trooper are nice redecos.

The Para Trooper has lots a going on, but maybe too much. He looks clunky. And his colors are WACK!

I think that Mutt and Croc Master are two of the best figures yet, definitely in the top 5.

TF Duke and Cobra Bazooka trooper are nice redecos.

The Para Trooper has lots a going on, but maybe too much. He looks clunky. And his colors are WACK!

Totally agree with the Para-Trooper.......too much and awful colors. Mutt is really cool.....but why does he need goggles?

Quick kick is awesome and a total surprise for me........one of my favs as a kid.

Still not impressed with Serpentor for some reason.......he's an improvement but still not right IMO. The Cobra's are a cool addition.

Not really feeling Deep Six........I hated that figure as a kid....still do today. Klunky and stupid figure. I always liked the second version. Its a cool homage to a crap figure.....and I'll buy him to get the Sharc but thats about it.

The Tiger Force Duke makes me happy. The right pack, the right gun... everything is perfect

exactly.. why didnt this pack and gun, and all Duke's correct gear make it to any of the previous Duke releases? I can give my original Duke the gun, but the pack will be the wrong color.

I think the gun is the wrong color too (for V1). If I remember right, it's green. That, or I have the wrong gun with my Duke. I think I'll get two TF Dukes, keep one intact and give the weapons to my first Duke. Then use the remaining TF Duke for customs. He rocks indeed.

I dig the Cobra trooper with the net on the helmet. Looks good. And Mutt... I can remember getting Mutt as a kid so I was going to get him no matter what. I'm really pleased how he came out! And I wasn't interested in Croc Master until I saw him. I mean.... damn. He looks good.

I was in the market to get another SHARC so it works for me. I don't think that Deep Six is too bad. I think that Hasbro is trying to make up for some of its errors and trying to make things more true to the original release.

Has anyone checked out the Major Bludd from the box set? I saw a picture on Hisstank. I thought it looked pretty good.

I like the Para Troopers colors. They might not be traditional Cobra colors but he reminds me of oddly colored Cobras that came later in the RAH line only not so neon. He does look clunky, like he would be hard to pose with all that on but he still looks good. I like guys with lots of stuff like that.

Alot of people might not like Croc Master but this figure just looks cool anyway. I'd like to see what they could do with Raptor and see if he could come off looking anywhere near as good as Croc Master. If he could turn out looking meaner and less dorky that would be great.

I think the gun is the wrong color too (for V1). If I remember right, it's green. That, or I have the wrong gun with my Duke. I think I'll get two TF Dukes, keep one intact and give the weapons to my first Duke. Then use the remaining TF Duke for customs. He rocks indeed.

I dig the Cobra trooper with the net on the helmet. Looks good. And Mutt... I can remember getting Mutt as a kid so I was going to get him no matter what. I'm really pleased how he came out! And I wasn't interested in Croc Master until I saw him. I mean.... damn. He looks good.

I was in the market to get another SHARC so it works for me. I don't think that Deep Six is too bad. I think that Hasbro is trying to make up for some of its errors and trying to make things more true to the original release.

Has anyone checked out the Major Bludd from the box set? I saw a picture on Hisstank. I thought it looked pretty good.

TF Duke had the darker gun and V1 Duke had the green.

Wraith, Croc Master, Para-Viper all winners and I will definitely be army building the Para-Viper.

The bazooka trooper on the other hand is 6 shades of lame. @grumpy@

Can't wait to see what else Hasbro has got planned not to mention it'll be nice to see some better pics of those new TRU COBRA troop builder sets hopefully tommorrow.

It's dissapointing to hear that the 25th line will cease once the movie product hits but hopefully it'll make a comeback after the movie buzz dies down like with the TF Classics line. I'm hopefull that movie will rock but if Sommers blows it, I'm going to be pissed that our 25th/Modern Era figure line got put on hold for a !$&@tty Joe movie.

I just took a closer look at that pic and it looks like he has a hiss driver body. One less custom that needs to be made...

I just took a closer look at that pic and it looks like he has a hiss driver body. One less custom that needs to be made...

That's what I thought. Well... good. Hasbro has released a lot that I was going to customize. I guess I can focus on my Action Force customs.

Since I'm a bit late into this topic, I'm just gonna type my thoughts as I look at the pics, and before I read any of the other posts:

The Firebat appears to be the original mold, with just the cockpit molded in red instead of gray. I can't wait for this! Hopefully it isn't an exlusive.

So far, Hasbro has given us 2 of the 5 vehicles I wanted to see reissued (along with the Flight Pod). Now, if they just give us a Tomahawk, Night Raven and Hydrofoil, I'll be in GI Joe vehicle Heaven. :)

Looking at more pics, it looks like the Firebat might have an elongated cockpit to fit the larger 25th figures...but it's still alright with me, as I'll buy multiples to swap out parts and stickers on the 2 incomplete ARAH Firebats I have. ;)

The AVAC is cool from the waste up, but original looks better IMO.

WTF is that Cobra troop with the flight helmet, and jump suit? It's ugly as hell. :(

HELL YEAH! We're getting Mutt and Junk :D He looks great. One of the figures I've been waiting for.

Why does that Cobra Trooper have Spider-man's webbing on his helmet?

Croc Master looks awesome, and it's nice to see they gave his croc an articulated mouth.

Why is Robocop a GI Joe now? Or is that supposed to be Overkill? If it is, why does he look like such a puss?

Yay! More Tigerforce. :rolleyes: The originals are cool, but I'm tired of Hasbro giving us repaints to make money, especially when I doubt they're gonna complete the original Tigerforce and Python Patrol lineup before the movie hits...

Eh...12 inch figures...

Classic Serpentor looks sweet. This is how they should've done him the first time around.

Is that BAT the same one we're getting with Wave 9? If so, did the one we saw in the pics before have a red face mask? If so, that sucks.

Quick Kick looks good. Glad to see we're getting more figures from '85.

What's with the crap Major Blood repaint?

That V2 Snake Eyes knockoff is crap.

So that ugly Cobra Troop with the air stuff on is called the Paraviper?...it's still ugly as hell. And, if they were gonna give us another Viper, why not an Alley Viper or Techno-Viper or something?

BEST NEWS YET! We're getting Night-Vipers. F*** YEAH! I've bought 2-3 of some of the other troop builders in this line, but I'll be getting a TON of Night Vipers! The 2 removable knives really seal the deal on this figure. From the looks of it, this version of the Night Viper could 1-up the original. :)

Another cool Cobra character from '87 to compliment Croc Master...Big Boa! The helmet looks great, and the spikes on his shoulders are a nice touch.

Is that crappy Cobra Trooper with the pads gonna be packed with Big Boa in a Comic Pack? Ugh...I hope not. I'd like to see Big Boa on an individual card.

Okay...I see Sci-Fi, and it looks like there's a Techno-Viper standing next to him. But then the other pic with the Techno-Viper has a card in front of it that says "Hasbro Customs: Not available." So, I take it the Techno-Viper isn't happening yet, but what about Sci-Fi? Is that a custom?

Okay, so I was looking at the "Habro Customs" pics, and now I'm really let down that we're not getting Sci-Fi, Big Boa, or the Techno-Viper. What a tease. I'd like to see all 3 of these in 25th form. :(

Hmmm...I almost missed Dusty because I thought he was a 12 inch Joe when I was browsing through the smaller pics. Kind of a let down. His helmet is too big, and his face is crap. The face almost looks like Cross Country. :(

BEST NEWS YET! We're getting Night-Vipers. F*** YEAH! I've bought 2-3 of some of the other troop builders in this line, but I'll be getting a TON of Night Vipers! The 2 removable knives really seal the deal on this figure. From the looks of it, this version of the Night Viper could 1-up the original.

Not to crap all over your Night Viper Party, but I'm pretty sure thats a custom as well.

BEST NEWS YET! We're getting Night-Vipers. F*** YEAH! I've bought 2-3 of some of the other troop builders in this line, but I'll be getting a TON of Night Vipers! The 2 removable knives really seal the deal on this figure. From the looks of it, this version of the Night Viper could 1-up the original.

Not to crap all over your Night Viper Party, but I'm pretty sure thats a custom as well.

Sigh...

WTF...almost all of the figures I really wanted were customs then, save Mutt & Junkyard and Quick Kick. :(