• ADC Outcast
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 May 2014 - 08:50 PM

Lame that this is an SDCC exclusive. :(

#4 User is offline   angiedee 

• Andorian

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:04 AM

Looks like my husband and I, who are huge Star Wars fans (especially Jabba) are going to miss out on this one as well. I am truly upset that this is a SDCC exclusive. Ebay sellers already have it for preorder for over $200. Oh well... Looks like Hasbro has screwed us again. Too bad... such a beautiful set and display.

#5 User is offline   GuitarDevil 

• King Chochacho

Posted 07 May 2014 - 12:34 PM

Since I missed out on the Popsicle Han/Boba Fett Set, I doubt I'll be stalking the internet at 3a.m. everyday for a week to try to get this Awesome set.....it has potential to make some cash and once again if Hasslebro doesn't need my $ that bad, who am I to go against their wishes....$200 is fuggen reeediculous....$40 is steep for me to begin w/but I guess it comes down to, do I really need it that bad and I guess not.....it would be nice though....but I know if if I got Jabba/Crumb I would then be longing for the house band so maybe getting him isn't all that bad......could you imagine what a Rancor in 6" scale would be like?....

#6 User is online   yojoebro82 

• Devastator

Posted 07 May 2014 - 06:10 PM

This is where I sit back and remind myself that I have almost everything (including Jabba) in 3 3/4" form. When 6" figures were first announced I told myself I would not bend over backwards or spend too much in an effort to get EVERYTHING. 6" Jabba looks great but is most likely not meant to be for me. And that's fine.

Besides, it's the same story every year. If you can't attend SDCC personally or you don't have a friend going, there's a 90% chance you're s.o.l. on the exclusives. Every. Year.

If you want to feel better, just wait til someone takes a cell phone video of the inevitable line for this guy. Stampeding hoards tripping over their mothers with visions of high BIN numbers dancing in their heads.....you'll be happy you're not there.

#7 User is offline   GuitarDevil 

• King Chochacho

Posted 08 May 2014 - 05:12 PM

View Postyojoebro82, on 07 May 2014 - 06:10 PM, said:

This is where I sit back and remind myself that I have almost everything (including Jabba) in 3 3/4" form. When 6" figures were first announced I told myself I would not bend over backwards or spend too much in an effort to get EVERYTHING. 6" Jabba looks great but is most likely not meant to be for me. And that's fine.

Besides, it's the same story every year. If you can't attend SDCC personally or you don't have a friend going, there's a 90% chance you're s.o.l. on the exclusives. Every. Year.

If you want to feel better, just wait til someone takes a cell phone video of the inevitable line for this guy. Stampeding hoards tripping over their mothers with visions of high BIN numbers dancing in their heads.....you'll be happy you're not there.

That's how I felt myself man....I don't need the whole damn Universe far far away.....& Jabbas cool but I'm saving my moneys for Speeder bikes & Scout Troopers.....I wonder if I went to comic-con if the reality would ruin the fantasy I have in my head for it....

#8 User is online   yojoebro82 

• Devastator

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:28 PM

View PostGuitarDevil, on 08 May 2014 - 05:12 PM, said:

I wonder if I went to comic-con if the reality would ruin the fantasy I have in my head for it....[/font]

I love my small, local cons just fine. $8 admission, a crowd just big enough to make it fun but not completely overwhelming. Every once in a while I find myself at a comic bin elbow-to-elbow with other dudes and I get a whiff if nerd stink, but other than that it's all good times! My springcon's coming up next week, in fact....!

#9 User is offline   StrangePlanet 

• Andorian

Posted 12 May 2014 - 12:41 PM

I'll try to remember that the last SDCC exclusive the did for the 6-inch line was Boba Fett with Han in Carbonite.
Passed on it. I had to wait, a long time too, but I got that Boba Fett.
It was eventually released as a standard figure, and I got it for $20.
I didn't get that Carbonite Han but I didn't want him.
Might it be possible that Jabba will get released as a standard deluxe figure later one? Probably without Salacious Crumb and definitely without the big fancy box, but maybe there's an easy way to pass on the SDCC one and get a normal one.

#10 User is offline   angiedee 

• Andorian

Posted 13 May 2014 - 12:41 PM

View PostStrangePlanet, on 12 May 2014 - 12:41 PM, said:

I'll try to remember that the last SDCC exclusive the did for the 6-inch line was Boba Fett with Han in Carbonite.
Passed on it. I had to wait, a long time too, but I got that Boba Fett.
It was eventually released as a standard figure, and I got it for $20.
I didn't get that Carbonite Han but I didn't want him.
Might it be possible that Jabba will get released as a standard deluxe figure later one? Probably without Salacious Crumb and definitely without the big fancy box, but maybe there's an easy way to pass on the SDCC one and get a normal one.

The "regular" Jabba is coming out later this year as an oversized figure as well as a Biker Scout with Speeder Bike, just in a different box without the hooka and Salacious Crumb. I( know you can already preorder them at dorksidetoys.com... Listed as being released as a fourth quarter 2014. I just wish the regular Jabba came with the throne. Kinda sucks having Jabba with no throne. Why couldn't the Crumb be the exclusive part and everyone get that awesome display box?!

#11 User is offline   Cyber Bishop 

• Floating in space staring at the sun...

Posted 18 May 2014 - 06:38 PM

"Hasbro's 2014 San Diego Comic Con exclusive"

What a load of crap.. HOWEVER Hasbrotoyshop puts con exclusives for sale on their website so there is a glmmer of hope.

#12 User is offline   Wheeljack35 

• The Jedi Insider Jedi
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 18 May 2014 - 07:29 PM

View PostCyber Bishop, on 18 May 2014 - 06:38 PM, said:

What a load of crap.. HOWEVER Hasbrotoyshop puts con exclusives for sale on their website so there is a glmmer of hope.

Yeah for those ten people who get on in time and have the money on that day

#13 User is offline   GuitarDevil 

• King Chochacho

Posted 18 May 2014 - 10:18 PM

View PostWheeljack35, on 18 May 2014 - 07:29 PM, said:

View PostCyber Bishop, on 18 May 2014 - 06:38 PM, said:

Yeah for those ten people who get on in time and have the money on that day

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image I feel ya on that WJ.....in order to snag up a "exclusive" SoundWave last year I had to get up at 3 am in the morning & F5 it till the cows came home to snag that F-er up....still got him but the price was an big ouch to my wallet....I'm not so much interested in a Jabba as I would to get some more Bounty Hunters.....I think Jabbas cool & all but having a big plastic slug isn't that interesting to me as 4Lom & Zuckuss or IG88 & Bosk....

#14 User is offline   Starscream49 

• 99% of toy collectors make the rest of us look like nerds.

Posted 24 May 2014 - 11:42 AM

I saw where this is coming out again WITHOUT the SDCC sticker. I think its leftovers. However I cant recall where I saw it so if anyone knows?????

#15 User is offline   BYMToys 

• Cobra Soldier

Posted 27 May 2014 - 04:33 AM

Well, without Salacious Crumb or the Hookah, it'll be about $40 late 2014. Speeder Bike with Biker Scout will be about the same price. I'm hoping they ship in time for Christmas, as my son wants one of these Jabbas in the worst way. It won't be leftovers from the con either, they'll be mass produced. My best information says there'll be one Jabba and two Biker Scouts per case.

#16 User is offline   Bespin refugee 

• http://jasonshoemaker.deviantart.com/

Posted 17 July 2014 - 06:44 PM

Early Preview from Andrew's Toyz

#17 User is offline   Bespin refugee 

• http://jasonshoemaker.deviantart.com/

Posted 07 August 2014 - 08:19 PM

2014 Star Wars: The Black Series SDCC Exclusive 6" Jabba The Hutt Figure Review & Images

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us