G.I.Joe Wave 9 Single Carded Hi-Res Figure Images

JayC

They all look cool and good looking to me.

Now, let all of the complaints, bitching, nitpicking, and shitpicking from the other forum members begin:

I can hear some of the complaints coming out of members mouths already.

They are probably going to say things like well Bazookas #14 on his shirt is too streched out and he is too bulky lookin'. Or another Storm Shadow repaint enough of him already Hasbro. And Barb B Q a reused Snow Job/Wild Weasel mold and no removable helmet WTF man. Or General Hawk, he looks O.K. but why is he using Dukes head mold. I mean I can go on, on, on , and on about this all day.

By me sayin' those quick complaints I just saved all of you a few post on this topic.

i like them too

How do they decide if a figure is going to be "From the G.I. Joe Cartoon Series" or "From the G.I. Joe Comic Book Series"? A lot of those figures could go either way.

That's something that I'm asking myself too, I'm guessing someone tossed a quarter in the air while someone else called it. They all look good, but that card art for Ninja Ku is horrible.

Yahahaahahaha! These figures look awesome! OMG! The figures are getting better with every wave, I think it was just a matter of time before they hit their stride. And this is it! And we may reap the rewards of Hasbro's hard work.

Thank you Hasbro!

And Bazooka looks awesome!

It would be a nice surprise too if Barbecue had a removable helmet.

F'n A. I freakin' love Bazooka. Now where the heck is Alpine?

This wave looks awesome, I'm not crazy about Ninja-Ku but it's cool to get weird characters like that.

Is it just me or does BBQ look like he's got a bit of a budda belly? I'm sure it's just the photo, but it's funny.

BBQ_02__scaled_600.jpg

This wave looks awesome, I'm not crazy about Ninja-Ku but it's cool to get weird characters like that.

Is it just me or does BBQ look like he's got a bit of a budda belly? I'm sure it's just the photo, but it's funny.

BBQ_02__scaled_600.jpg

He seems to have let hiself go between RAH and 25th. hehe

Seriously though, BBQ has the Wild Wesel and Snow Job body, so like ya said, it is just the photo.

maybe they decide what toy is from the comics or the cartoon by seein who appears where first. I mean General hawk with the bomber jacket appeared in the cartoon first so as not to get confused with Duke.

Near as I can figure:

Bat: All new parts

BBQ: Wild Weasel body Gung-Ho lower legs.

Bazooka: Mostly new (Roadblock torso?)

Hawk: Mostly new (Duke / trooper lower legs, the upper arms look familiar, other than that?)

Ninja-Ku: Destro Repaint. (I know it's Storm shadow I'm just having fun)

Snow Serpant: Maybe some Wild Weasel in there? Really not sure.

All in all very well done. Nothing to complain about.

BBQ_02__scaled_600.jpg

He got the belly from eatting all the bbq. That stuff is addictive, but not good for diets.

This wave looks cool as all heck. My question though is wasn't the BAT supposed to have battle damaged bits? It doesn't look like they are in the carded figure unless hidden. Also all the lastest pics haven't had any of the damaged bits in tow anywhere. Just curious.

This is one of my more favorite waves.

As for the complaints, don't forget to mention that Bazooka has single hinged knees like other 'big' guys before him (Destro, Roadblock).

I for one am looking forward to the Storm Shadow repaint. I really like getting those international figures we couldn't get at retail as kids. First Satan, now Ninja Ku. Give me Cobra De Aco, and I'll be a happy man.

Hawk is the version I remember as a kid. I never really cared for the comics growin up, so Hawk always had a bomber jacket in my mind.

I love the army builders. I could see myself picking up more than a few of each to flush out my already flourishing RAH armies.

BBQ was always a fav of mine growing up, and I like what they did with him here. It works for me.

Overall, I think this is a fairly good wave. It'll probably be around October before I see them around here, but when I do, I'll be buying them up.

My question though is wasn't the BAT supposed to have battle damaged bits? It doesn't look like they are in the carded figure unless hidden. Also all the lastest pics haven't had any of the damaged bits in tow anywhere. Just curious.

Not to be a sceptic or anything but I never thought we'd see all that stuff packaged in with one figure. The BAT has alot of accessories as is without all that battle damaged stuff. As cool as it is I think they cut it out (just my opinion I have nothing to back that up).

However: Battle damaged variant? Could be....

Wow, super impressed by all of these... a solid wave! I'll pick up 5 BATS, 5 Snow Serpents, BBQ, and Hawk. Not interested in Ninja-Ku or Bazooka... but dang, these look great.

They all look cool and good looking to me.

Now, let all of the complaints, bitching, nitpicking, and shitpicking from the other forum members begin:

I can hear some of the complaints coming out of members mouths already.

They are probably going to say things like well Bazookas #14 on his shirt is too streched out and he is too bulky lookin'. Or another Storm Shadow repaint enough of him already Hasbro. And Barb B Q a reused Snow Job/Wild Weasel mold and no removable helmet WTF man. Or General Hawk, he looks O.K. but why is he using Dukes head mold. I mean I can go on, on, on , and on about this all day.

By me sayin' those quick complaints I just saved all of you a few post on this topic.

You know what assuming does, don't you? @smilepunch@

The only complaint I have is the card-art; it doesn't seem as precise to me. Otherwise this wave is great.

BBQ is beyond awesome to me..........for obvious reasons. @bounce@ I was hoping we would get get him and to be honest I was surprised when I first heard he would be in this wave. I can't wait.......he was one of my favorite all-time Joe figures.......still is.

Hawk looks great too..........great wave overall.

Yeah, they look pretty cool, for the most part. Kill me if you must, but another repaint of Storm Shadow is kinda meh, but I'll be getting him for completion's sake.

It's too bad that waves 7 and 9 are so awesome, but we'll have to live thorugh the two sandwiching that lame wave 8.