New G.I.Joe 3 3/4-Inch Adventure Team Sets

The Wire

I made my own with RAH figures. Not as good as these, but not bad...

post-14418-12687199979111_thumb.jpg

Ehhhh...these are...kinda expensive. Collector Clubs *sigh*...I just can't get behind the idea in general. I just wanna buy my toys in-store for a reasonable price. Is that too much to ask? Yeah, I know...it is. I know interest also wouldn't be enough to merit a brick-and-mortar store release, so it's either online or convention with this type of stuff. There used to be a point in my collecting life when I thought I had more control over what toys I could get, and I was wrong!

They are pretty neat...I love the retro style in 3 3/4 inch (well, 4 actually) scale. Maybe one day I'll at least get a Dr. Venom some way, some how...but by then, they'll probably be putting out the Intruders and Bulletman!

Guys you can sign up for a trooper membership by filling out the membership application and save yourself some bucks, it's free. The trooper membership is about $10 higher per set than the officer membership.

If these were just an ordinary toy line, I'd probably go for this but as a Collectors Club exclusive they're pretty "meh." I'm also a little peeved at Hasbro for this entire concept. I mean, who's brilliant idea was it to make the stuff we want club exclusives? What a tease!

The 2-pack with A-Team Commander and Dr. Venom is $45 for Officer-level members. The other two are $35.00 a piece. Considering I got my membership when I signed up for the Con, will get the convention set, me and my fiance will be taking the Hasbro Tour (according to a Club employee, anyway), I've gotten a price break on these packs and will have a good shot at the Convention exclusive extras (assuming any of them are 25th related), I think it was money well spent.

Granted, I'm hoping to unload Big Lob and the Con Boxed set (I'm done with vintage figures), but the fact is, I'm getting the promised bonuses for signing up.

All look VERY cool and I would most certainly LOVE to have them, but...

@hmmm@ [looks at pricetag]

NO THANKS!!

• Like 1

NO THANKS!!

Yea.......<sighs>.......I've been asking for sets like these for years, asked rather loudly in fact--and now I feel like a heel because they are just too expensive for my blood. And wallet.

I want to support this endeavour, I'd like to have the sets.......but I cannot justify spending about $150 ( all told) on 4 figures, two vehicles and accessories.

It just makes my brain seize up.

I seriously have to mull this over.

• Like 1

NO THANKS!!

Yea.......<sighs>.......I've been asking for sets like these for years, asked rather loudly in fact--and now I feel like a heel because they are just too expensive for my blood. And wallet.

I want to support this endeavour, I'd like to have the sets.......but I cannot justify spending about $150 ( all told) on 4 figures, two vehicles and accessories.

It just makes my brain seize up.

I seriously have to mull this over.

It's truely frustrating, because these speak to us old timers in a big way. :(

• Like 1

While I may not be an "old timer" these really appeal to me as well. But I just will not pay that much for small pieces of plastic. I can get more bang for my buck elsewhere.

I hope they are successful enough that Hasbro is tempted to do a real retail line.

While I may not be an "old timer" these really appeal to me as well. But I just will not pay that much for small pieces of plastic. I can get more bang for my buck elsewhere.

I hope they are successful enough that Hasbro is tempted to do a real retail line.

They could still do a "Universe" style line easily and incorporate whatever they wanted. I mean when people first heard of "Trakker" they thought it was Tracker. But when it turned out to be the M.A.S.K. character, half of us were like "interesting" and the other half were like "wth?". As it stands I think almost everyone agrees that figure, as an example, seems out of place in the line.

But in a "universe" style setting, Trakker would be fine, as would the continuation of 25th style figures.

They could still do a "Universe" style line easily and incorporate whatever they wanted. I mean when people first heard of "Trakker" they thought it was Tracker. But when it turned out to be the M.A.S.K. character, half of us were like "interesting" and the other half were like "wth?". As it stands I think almost everyone agrees that figure, as an example, seems out of place in the line.

But in a "universe" style setting, Trakker would be fine, as would the continuation of 25th style figures.

I've blown the "Universe" horn for.......oh, about 12-13 years now, on various forums. I wish these figures were part of a larger retail push that explored other characters as well.

I'm more than okay with welcoming all new characters, but I'd also like to see some of these other older characters updated and officially brought into the line. I guess this is all that can be done with something that seems to have only niche interest.

I've blown the "Universe" horn for.......oh, about 12-13 years now, on various forums. I wish these figures were part of a larger retail push that explored other characters as well.

I'm more than okay with welcoming all new characters, but I'd also like to see some of these other older characters updated and officially brought into the line. I guess this is all that can be done with something that seems to have only niche interest.

you adventure team guys are getting up there in age! maybe they think that you guys wont spend the money on it cause your sockin'it away for an early retirment? ;) J/K but yeah i think what your suggesting would make an excellent toy line. 3 3/4 inch figures of adventure team era characters! sounds awsome that era had some of the most interesting things in it. aliens,bullet man, animals and what was that half invisible guy??? plus lets not forget the fact that it glorified "Adventure" instead of "War" surprised they didnt think of that??? i really think if they did it it would freakin fly off the shelves just as well if not better then ARAH 25th stuff. i would buy it.

TM