• ENI Webmaster
  • Group: Admin

Posted 18 May 2009 - 03:51 PM

http://toynewsi.com/...10&itemid=14477

#2 User is offline   SUPREMEQUEEN 

• Rat King
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 May 2009 - 04:57 PM

And the party never stops on Queen's charge card LOL. Well I most def will be scoring the 1:6 Batman Beyond and the Justice Society series2 (that goes with out saying), but Im kinda up in the air on that Flash Gorilla Grod statue. Its only 7", but the sculpt look OUT OF THIS WORLD HOT!! Flash's body standing over Grod like that simply looks amazing.

#3 User is offline   BigDawg 

• Foot Soldier

Posted 18 May 2009 - 05:15 PM

Those Blammoids...! What a slap in the face! They can't make DC minimates but they're placing bets on these ugly things???? Who...? WHO would buy these things?

#4 User is offline   SUPREMEQUEEN 

• Rat King

Posted 18 May 2009 - 05:20 PM

View PostBigDawg, on May 18 2009, 06:15 PM, said:

Those Blammoids...! What a slap in the face! They can't make DC minimates but they're placing bets on these ugly things???? Who...? WHO would buy these things?

@loll@

#5 User is offline   BigDawg 

• Foot Soldier

Posted 18 May 2009 - 05:21 PM

Double post. Sorry.

#6 User is offline   Ares6009 

• Emperor's Royal Guard

Posted 18 May 2009 - 07:27 PM

Finally! A Stargirl!! People have been asking for her almost as long as Fire and Ice. And though I have skipped on the Alex Ross lines since I got the Cheetah in one of his first waves (poseability and scale issues), I'm not going to pass on this little charm, just in case it's her only outting. I'll probably pick up Cyclone too, though I really have no experience with her (other than what I've read on Wiki.) Good thing for me is, both will fit in with the rest of my figs (at 6.5 inches) and neither looks overly 'Alex Ross' realistic. Kudos, DCD!

#7 User is offline   jjlecaros 

• Spock
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 18 May 2009 - 07:44 PM

i want the adam hughes repro cover print

#8 User is offline   SUPREMEQUEEN 

• Rat King

Posted 18 May 2009 - 07:47 PM

Am I the only one who thinks Cyclone looks like Pippi Longstocking (insert Pippi smiley here)LOL

#9 User is offline   Ares6009 

• Emperor's Royal Guard

Posted 18 May 2009 - 07:56 PM

View PostSUPREMEQUEEN, on May 18 2009, 08:47 PM, said:

Am I the only one who thinks Cyclone looks like Pippi Longstocking (insert Pippi smiley here)LOL

That is SO funny! The term I was going to use was 'Pippi Unleashed', but I figured it would be lost on the rest o' the clan here! You go, SQ! @loll@

#10 User is offline   batfan08 

• Mouser

Posted 18 May 2009 - 08:34 PM

i'm probably one of the biggest batman beyond fans here,but was anybody else kind of underwhelmed by it?i mean,for 99.99 don't you think we should get a removable mask(unmasked terry head?)or a batarang or something?don't get me wrong the fig looks awesome ,but the headsculpt just doesn't look right to me.hopefully, i'm wrong and the pics don't do it justice ,but what do you guys think?

#11 User is offline   nonameshmo30 

• Rat King

Posted 18 May 2009 - 09:36 PM

Blamoids are you kidding me. Is this DCD answer to mighty muggs. Looks like some you would make in wood shop class. Just awful. And the only other thing is the jsa series 2. but the sups is just a repaint of the justice league sups what a disappointment i will still have to get it because i collect superman figures but again kinda disappointing. that whole series 2 would be better served in the DCUC line

#12 User is offline   SUPREMEQUEEN 

• Rat King

Posted 19 May 2009 - 04:37 AM

View Postbatfan08, on May 18 2009, 09:34 PM, said:

i'm probably one of the biggest batman beyond fans here,but was anybody else kind of underwhelmed by it?i mean,for 99.99 don't you think we should get a removable mask(unmasked terry head?)or a batarang or something?don't get me wrong the fig looks awesome ,but the headsculpt just doesn't look right to me.hopefully, i'm wrong and the pics don't do it justice ,but what do you guys think?

You mean that's NOT a removeable mask? wow that does suck. But don't sweat that $100 price tag. 2 or 3 weeks after his release & the fans see how lack luster he realy is, he'll fall sharply in price.

#13 User is offline   Emmanuel 

• Nameless Thug

Posted 19 May 2009 - 02:49 PM

ACTION FIGURES

JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA SERIES 2 ACTION FIGURES

Posted ImageFour second-generation Justice Society of America heroes are grouped together to make up the second series of action figures based on the art of Alex Ross!

Just as Geoff Johns’ “Thy Kingdom Come” story arc has brought the Kingdom Come Superman into current continuity, this series of action figures also features a fully articulated, original sculpt of the character.

Figures included:
Cyclone • 8.25” h
Stargirl • 6.5” h
Hourman • 7” h
Kingdom Come Superman • 7” h

Each figure features multiple points of articulation and a base.
4-color peggable window box packaging.

austin apartment locators
Oak Engineered Flooring Brushed Oiled

#14 User is offline   Ares6009 

• Emperor's Royal Guard

Posted 19 May 2009 - 07:14 PM

:huh:

#15 User is offline   Phillip 

• Andorian

Posted 20 May 2009 - 09:26 AM

I cannot get excited about the 1:6 scale Batman Beyond. Not for $99.00! It just looks cheap. It looks like a great way for DC Direct to make some wonderful profit if collectors choose to buy it. If I buy this, I won't pay retail. That's for sure.

I'm not a big fan of the movie 1:6 figures from DC Direct. I will put Batman Beyond in this category. I'm sticking to traditional characters from the DCU. Dammit, bring on the Teen Titans! I've been begging for a Speedy for years now!

#16 User is offline   DangerDrVenture 

• Andorian

Posted 20 May 2009 - 12:00 PM

View Postnonameshmo30, on May 18 2009, 09:36 PM, said:

Blamoids are you kidding me. Is this DCD answer to mighty muggs. Looks like some you would make in wood shop class. Just awful. And the only other thing is the jsa series 2. but the sups is just a repaint of the justice league sups what a disappointment i will still have to get it because i collect superman figures but again kinda disappointing. that whole series 2 would be better served in the DCUC line

Why is that? DCUC would just slap down some reused parts and ship about four of them to each store. Dc Direct is featuring all-new molds. I have JUSTICE Superman right in my hand at the moment and it doesn't share a single part with that Earth-22 Superman pictured. The molds look similar, but shouldn't they? It's the same guy. Just be happy they didn't re-use parts or just repaint Kingdom Come Superman from 2004. Mattel would have.

#17 User is offline   simplez 

• Andorian

Posted 20 May 2009 - 06:11 PM

Nice looking version of Stargirl and Kingdom Come Supes. Cyclone looks like she could really use some work though.

Also ANOTHER Hourman figure? Can't get enough him, hunh?

They shouldn't redo any figures from the DC Direct lines in DCUC as it is heavily redundant. Chances are you can get an improved version but it leaves out so many other characters that deserve a figure from getting one. There's very few slots per wave and who knows where this line will be in 1-2 years if Mattel continues its poor management of it.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us