TNI Forums: Young Justice Figures Cancelled. - TNI Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Young Justice Figures Cancelled.

#51 User is offline   Superpowers1980 

• What'cha gonna do when Super Powers runs wild on you!
  • Group: Banned

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:52 PM

Well, I think a region where 4 inch figures move more than the 6 inchers is rare and unsual. Hey, if the new Legends haven't moved I need a Steve Rogers figure.

Also when did Cartoon Network announce that Thundercats are cancelled, I haven't heard anything stating that. I hope this isn't another TNI situation where there is a claim that has not been confirmed. Not being smart but could someone confirm this?

#52 User is offline   Jangonate 

• Foot Soldier
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:09 PM

Superpowers1980 said:

1334112773[/url]' post='16754613']
Well, I think a region where 4 inch figures move more than the 6 inchers is rare and unsual. Hey, if the new Legends haven't moved I need a Steve Rogers figure.

Also when did Cartoon Network announce that Thundercats are cancelled, I haven't heard anything stating that. I hope this isn't another TNI situation where there is a claim that has not been confirmed. Not being smart but could someone confirm this?

I don't think there was an announcement that the show was cancelled, but on the recently released list of shows that were renewed, Thundercats was not on it. I friggin' love the show and am dismayed at this possibility.

#53 User is offline   Superpowers1980 

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:37 PM

View PostJangonate, on 10 April 2012 - 10:09 PM, said:

View PostSuperpowers1980, on 10 April 2012 - 09:52 PM, said:

I don't think there was an announcement that the show was cancelled, but on the recently released list of shows that were renewed, Thundercats was not on it. I friggin' love the show and am dismayed at this possibility.

Hey man, haven't seen you in here in ages. I love the show too, but I prefer to wait, we have seen that when things look the worst sometimes it turns out good. The worst is that the fans didn't make their voices heard loud enough, more than enough people love that show.

#54 User is offline   Hordak Rules 

• Lord and Ruler of Dispondos

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:02 AM

View Postjahue, on 10 April 2012 - 09:01 PM, said:

I completely agree. I hate 4 inch lines. Yeah I loved my joes and star wars growing up, but other than that I have never touched the smaller lines. In fact, I wish those two properties would release 6 inch lines. The quality of 4 inch figures is never as good as 6 inch (sculpt, paint, articulation, ect.)

See, now I'm not totally against 4" lines. I remember when Marvel Legends originally ended and it was announced not long after that Hasbro would be producing the Marvel Universe line. I was completely against it. Today, I have almost the entire line of figures and I'm awaiting the next 3 waves rather impatiently. This being said, I do believe that a line like this needs to be done properly and Hasbro has had huge success. GIJoe, Star Wars, even Transformers. Mattel attempted to put out DC Universe Infinite Heroes and it was terrible. They continued it with the Green Lantern line and look were it got them. If a line this size is done right it will work wonders, Mattel just didn't do that.

#55 User is offline   JeffreyA 

• Queen Elsa & Anna

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:17 AM

Not surprice about this beening cancelled at my work we still have alot of YJ figures that nobody is touching and yes I agree it has to do with the price to them. Infact today I was at Target and they had the Catwoman that I wanted from the Batman series but when I saw the price I put her back. There is no way I will pay $20.00 for a signal figure when last week at the same time and at the same store she was $15.99 which I didn't have the money then. But going up $4.00 in one week is crazy and I know it wasn't Target's doing but stuip Mattel telling them to rise the price. Infact when I saw the price of 19.99 for Catwoman and put her back I got a paire of Pants for $13.00 I safe between the two $7. So Mattel your lost.

#56 User is offline   jahue 

• Snakeman

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:34 AM

View PostGoldbug, on 10 April 2012 - 09:37 PM, said:

That is your opinion.
6 inchers peg warm here.
Marvel Universe sells out when there are new waves. The new Legends figures haven't moved at all here.
It's when they mess up on basic modern articulation that they peg warm. The new Avengers movie figures seem to peg warm here I assume because of that.
YJ were not 4 inch figures but more closer to JLU scale. That is what they were meant to be from the beginning. JLU did not do well in my area at all.
Just because you do not like 4 inch figures that does not mean there is no market for them.
Same as Mattel's false assumption on their 4 inch lines. DCIH was moving towards better articulation but they already messed up with the repacks & crappy earlier figures. Then they really messed up on the Green Lantern 4 inch line. That continues into the Dark Knight Rises small line.
CN canceled Thundercats & so goes the toy line. Young Justice seems to be next.
I just do not understand someone hating a toy line that they do not even buy.

I don't remember saying it was anybody else's opinion.

I also, never stated there was no market for 4 inch figures. The demand is not as great for 4 inch as for 6 inch and the quality is not as good, but I think they can co-exist.

CN has not cancelled Thundercats. There has been no announcement on the future of the show yet.

I don't understand buying a toy line you hate

#57 User is offline   mako 

• Parallax

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:09 AM

View PostJangonate, on 10 April 2012 - 10:09 PM, said:

Superpowers1980 said:

1334112773[/url]' post='16754613']

Knowing CN's history with shows like this, they could make a cancellation announcement tomorrow or half-way through next season... or never. The show will just be left hanging. It's a good rule of thumb, however, if the show isn't mentioned in the upfronts, 9.9 times out of 10 it's gone.

As a side note, to this day, CBS has never officially announced the cancellation of the Lynda Carter Wonder Woman series. But I'd call that a foregone conclusion.

#58 User is offline   Goldbug 

• Autobot

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:48 PM

View Postjahue, on 11 April 2012 - 08:34 AM, said:

I also, never stated there was no market for 4 inch figures. The demand is not as great for 4 inch as for 6 inch and the quality is not as good, but I think they can co-exist.

Another opinion that the demand for 6 inch figures is greater than 4 inch & quality not as good.

I never said you had to buy a toy line you hate.

@Superpowers1980 I just saw a ML Steve Rogers at my Walmart.

#59 User is offline   Superpowers1980 

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:30 PM

View PostGoldbug, on 11 April 2012 - 09:48 PM, said:

View Postjahue, on 11 April 2012 - 08:34 AM, said:

Another opinion that the demand for 6 inch figures is greater than 4 inch & quality not as good.

I never said you had to buy a toy line you hate.

@Superpowers1980 I just saw a ML Steve Rogers at my Walmart.

Do you pick up figures for people here on TNI? I need a ML Steve Rogers.

#60 User is offline   Draven79 

• Silent But Deadly Has A Whole New Meaning!
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:50 PM

Wel MU is clogging the shelves all over AL including the good Rogers waves. Yet ML are selling out pretty fast minus IM, Drax, and Klaw. Even Bucky Cap has started dwindling down.
Draven

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us