MasterCollector Announces Free Cobra Commander Figure!

Outsiders

The 2008 FREE 3 3/4" Membership figure is the unreleased new sculpt "COBRA COMMANDER" in battle armor uniform! This figure was scheduled to be released after the "Valor vs. Venom" series in 2005, but was cancelled by Hasbro. Now is your chance to own this figure for the very first time. The free figure has a removable hood and cape along with weapons/accessories (not shown). Additional figures will be available for Club members to purchase. This figure is the perfect compliment to the Club figures from previous years! Join or Renew your G.I. Joe Club membership by March 15th, 2008 in order to receive YOUR free figure!

NEW 3 3/4-inch Membership figure: COBRA COMMANDER.

The 2008 deadline to receive one of these free figures with an active membership is March 15th, 2008!

Check out MasterCollector for more information and artwork.

That looks unbelievably awesome.

Well, I was going to re-up anyway due to me wanting Wave 4 DTC.

Everytime I want to be done with MC something pops up and I rejoin.

Don't forget the price is now $42. (Need to adjust for no price increase for nine years, even though postal rates have doubled, color GIJCC newsletter, and higher paper costs.)

-Kevin

That looks unbelievably awesome.

Well, I was going to re-up anyway due to me wanting Wave 4 DTC.

Everytime I want to be done with MC something pops up and I rejoin.

Don't forget the price is now $42. (Need to adjust for no price increase for nine years, even though postal rates have doubled, color GIJCC newsletter, and higher paper costs.)

-Kevin

Ouch.

Dang, if MC would only go email based *sigh*, of course he'd probably raise it to $48 then.

I can't stand the newsletter as I have heard most of what I want to know, which is the news angle, already online a month early. I literally throw it in the trash when it arrives in the mailbox. I am basically paying $42 for a...as some have called it...free figure and the option to buy more overpriced figures with hefty shipping (AND HANDLING, ahem) costs as I can't get them (well sometimes from the Hong Kong gang on eBay) otherwise.

Now, before someone jumps on my sh*t for making that statement, this is how I feel and obviously I am a sucker for doing this in the first place. Having said that I am about to pony up apparently $42 for the Cobra Commander.

The GI Joe ("don't call us Master Collector") Collectors Club did a good job acquiring this figure for its members. It got a lot of "ooooo's" and "ahhhhhh's" during the club roundtable. The best figure offering to date. Much appreciated.

oh wow! i forgot about that figure. lookin good!!!

Hopefully next year is the VvV Firefly painted properly. :)

-Kevin

oh yeah! another figure i was waiting for back then. better late than never, but really, it's way late, i dig the 25A version!

I know I'll be getting this one. But I'm more anxious for the unreleased Firefly. There were likely to be some "changes" to Wave 4, so I wonder if any "improvements" would be made to Firefly if it's ever released.

I wish they would give us a release date for Wave 4.

I might have to pick this guy up!

I bought one of the unproduced versions of this CC off eBay several years ago. However, I only got the body without the mask and the cape. I also have the gray-camo version of VvV Firefly which I got from the same seller.

I seen this the other day when I got my Mastercollector

Its a real beautiful figure....I really would have to think about this because joining for $40 just to get an action figure wouldn't be prudent

When people realize there are other benefits to joining the GIJCC this arguement will stop.

If you have any interest in Con-items, you're getting them for a much cheaper price, which are only available through the GIJCC unless you turn to the secondary market, or like paying a huge mark up.

-Kevin

When people realize there are other benefits to joining the GIJCC this arguement will stop.

If you have any interest in Con-items, you're getting them for a much cheaper price, which are only available through the GIJCC unless you turn to the secondary market, or like paying a huge mark up.

-Kevin

That's sort of the issue I have. I get no extra benefit from the club. I get the Con-Items I want from eBay typically b/c I really don't want all the figures (typically just the troop builders) and it isn't worth an estimated price of $20+ a figure when half are destined for my junk bin. Maybe there would be value in a Troop Builder only version (although I am sure the price would double on those making it not worth it).

Not a great argument for joining obviously for many, especially when you have to join if you want to order the other packs and exclusives to the club. My method has been to always seek out the HK dealers first although lately that hasn't been so fruitful. But back to my original issue, I can't seem to find anything compelling outside of the "free" figure to justify my $42. Having said that I will be forking out my $42 for said figure @loll@. I will though, hold a serious grudge. Maybe a reasonably priced Wave 4 DTC will turn my world around but after last years' sets I am not holding my breath.

-Kevin

That's sort of the issue I have. I get no extra benefit from the club. I get the Con-Items I want from eBay typically b/c I really don't want all the figures (typically just the troop builders) and it isn't worth an estimated price of $20+ a figure when half are destined for my junk bin. Maybe there would be value in a Troop Builder only version (although I am sure the price would double on those making it not worth it).

Not a great argument for joining obviously for many, especially when you have to join if you want to order the other packs and exclusives to the club. My method has been to always seek out the HK dealers first although lately that hasn't been so fruitful. But back to my original issue, I can't seem to find anything compelling outside of the "free" figure to justify my $42. Having said that I will be forking out my $42 for said figure @loll@. I will though, hold a serious grudge. Maybe a reasonably priced Wave 4 DTC will turn my world around but after last years' sets I am not holding my breath.

Kinda what I was thinking. If you want the "most benefit" you almost HAVE to buy EVERYTHING just to get it.

-Kevin

Kinda what I was thinking. If you want the "most benefit" you almost HAVE to buy EVERYTHING just to get it.

(Not much I can say until Wave 4 hits)

How much do you typically pay per army builder? You're looking at it from a "I can't sell the stuff I don't want"-point of view. Whether you WANT to sell it or not, it would be much cheaper if you did.

And, if you like Army Builders, you were in luck that the club didn't set a non-member price for the MOTH sets. Three of them are army builders (whether they admit it or not).

-Kevin