Incoming update---13 customs to show you

code red shockwave

Hi all,

I have a total of 13 more customs to show you---one of them you've already seen as a WIP.

I know that i've done way too many customs of Big Brawler. Well, i'm renaming this particular custom as Bad Brawler, since he will be one of the main characters of my L.A.M.E. Brawler Squad. Obviously he doesn't look as buff compared to my other Brawler customs, but at least this particular costume I gave him looks appropriate.

th_97423_Big_Brawler_final_custom_122_447lo.jpg

Second custom I have up is another Big Brawler custom, only this time I based it on the 12" version, as seen in the valor vs. venom product catalog(for wave 2, I think). I've found that there aren't too many lower halves out there that don't fit the Tiger Force Big Brawler's upper body well, so I'm glad the Guile lower half worked out nicely.

th_97429_Big_Brawlerbased_on_12_inch_version_122_342lo.jpg

My third custom is whom I call Cleat Meat. He's a football player who was a high school drop out and was kicked off his football team for using steroids. His only desire besides playing football is causing destruction. Now that he has joined the L.A.M.E. Brawler Squad, he might have scored the biggest touchdown of his career. When I had the Winter Ops Backblast, I thought to myself, what is up with the crooked eyes? Well I thought the expression made him look ##$%$#ed and for a character like Cleat Meat, I think it suited him well.

th_97435_Cleat_Meat_122_364lo.jpg

Now that my Destro custom has been completed, I definitely think he looks awesome. I'll use him as my default Destro, with the Spytroops Destro as my secondary version. I realize there may be a few specks of paint wear here and there, but those are really minor and don't affect the overall execution of this custom.

th_97441_Completed_Destro_custom_122_589lo.jpg

The first thought that popped up into my mind when I had the first version of Gung-Ho was, "Was this what StarDuster's color scheme was based on?". Well, I know his upper legs were unique, so I used a HAS Roadblock's legs and Duke's crotch(to match the original's) and with a quick repaint, created my HAS Gung-Ho custom. This color scheme also reminds me of the Spytroops Gung-Ho.

th_97447_HAS_Gung_Ho_122_312lo.jpg

Imagine if Mercer was a part of the Sonic Vipers rather than the regular Vipers. His suit would have probably looked something like this. I'm going to use this custom as one of my members of the Anti-S.W.A.T. team. I actually use the v2 Mercer for my S.W.A.T. team, so it should be interesting to see a confrontation between these two. :D

th_97452_MercerSonic_Viper_122_301lo.jpg

I was confused as to why Hasbro would give the green pants to the Night Force version, and the gray pants to the original version. If you swapped the two lower halves, you'd get much better versions of both Psyche-Out figures. I call this guy Radio W.A.V.E., who is a technology expert for the Anti-S.W.A.T. team.

th_97458_Night_Force_Psyche_Out_122_544lo.jpg

I think my custom Red Ninjas look better than the comic pack versions. This particular custom looks more like one of Slice's men, rather than a normal Red Ninja. I used the comic pack Red Ninja's torso for my Slice v1 custom, since it looked similar to the original Slice's.

th_97463_Red_Ninja_122_443lo.jpg

My S.W.A.T. explosives expert, C-4, needed a rival to compete with, and here he is---Satchel. I know it was pretty lazy to just paint the red into a reddish-orange, but I think it looks better than the original BJs Firefly I had.

th_97469_Satchel_122_556lo.jpg

The original Scoop had bright goldenrod colors, which didn't make much sense to me. With a mix of greens, he won't get shot as easily while filming battles between GIJOE and COBRA, and he actually looks like he's a part of the GIJOE team.

th_97475_Scoop_122_507lo.jpg

Well unfortunately I cannot seem to post the other three pics, so i'll have to do it via a reply.

Here are the other three: Shipwreck, Sideswipe, and James Bond.

I think the Cutter torso was a good choice to use for Shipwreck. I know that the sleeved arms would cover up any possible tattoos, but on the other hand, it looks good enough that I'd make this custom my default version.

th_97351_Shipwreck_122_365lo.jpg

I thought it was sorta odd to have a dark gray lower half and a white shirt for the original. So, I used a lower half with a brighter gray, and now it looks so much better.

th_97363_Sideswipe_122_496lo.jpg

My original James Bond custom was good, but I think using the Tracker v1 head makes him look better.

th_97368_James_Bond_122_411lo.jpg

Well that's my big update so far. I'll post more within upcoming days or weeks, depending on my schedule. Hope you like these.