Wolverine Legends...

Nguyen_Dragon

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, look for these in comic book, specialty stores basically anyone who Diamond distributes to, also local scalpers stores. Problem is any of those is gonna charge at least $10 more than they are worth and if you order a case since Diamond only ships cases you are gonna be stuck with 3 Wolverines, 2 Cyclops, 2 Sabretooths and 1 Emma so anyway we're kind of screwed. Puck BAF parts come with Sabretooth, Emma and Cyclops and Emma being one to a case you know she's going to get scalped like there's no tomorrow.

It's just really baffling the hoops fans have to go through to get a 6" figure. Not just talking about this line. If these were not popular figures it would make more sense. But Marvel Legends and DCUC have had dozens of waves and sold successfully for 10 + years. They are both proven winners. Suddenly you have to bend over backwards and make plans in advance to cut the monitary losses you'll incur just to get the figure you want. BS.

It's just really baffling the hoops fans have to go through to get a 6" figure. Not just talking about this line. If these were not popular figures it would make more sense. But Marvel Legends and DCUC have had dozens of waves and sold successfully for 10 + years. They are both proven winners. Suddenly you have to bend over backwards and make plans in advance to cut the monitary losses you'll incur just to get the figure you want. BS.

The problem is that they sold well at $8 and $10, but and $15, $20 or $20+ they just sort of sit on the shelf. The Walmart closest to me has a bunch of those Amazing Spiderman figures along with some Avengers IM figures. One near my work has a five or six Ultimate Cap's. I think more people have stopped collecting this line then are collecting at this time, so once people gets the wave and figures they want well the rest just sit and rot. The big thing is this isn't just an "Legends" problems but and action figures in general problem.

I really want these and sadly I am going to have to pay a premium to get them it looks like and have extras @loll@

Draven

I'm sure you won't have problems getting rid of the extras especially around here.

I was just looking it up and it looks like there was a Wolverine, Cyclops and Rogue/Emma Frost variants planned. Not sure what has happened, but from Toy Fair, that's what was planned. Silly Variants, haven't they learned. I haven't checked up on news, I know they said that the whole variant thing backfired on them.. but if you ask me, already making this a hard to get wave, and then adding in variants is a mistake. Hopefully they realized this and decided to change the whole variant thing up a little and maybe push back some of those "variants" to a different mass produced wave.

This line was originally Sabertooth, Wolverine, Cyclops with a Phoenix Five variant and Emma Frost with a Rogue variant. Apparently they are having trouble getting product to retailers so they went the Diamond Exclusive route and scratched the two variants. The variants thing was done because they also have been having problems with them hence the variants from the wave 3, Hit Monkey wave and the upcoming Rocket Raccoon wave not being released. In their panel in SDCC they said the variants have been tooled and are looking for a way to get them to us maybe as an exclusive sometime in the future, they also said they won't have any more problems in the future with variants and all should be well with the Jubilee wave.

this line looks great! i dont understand why only spec shops though. according to their suggested retail price of $185 per case, each figure would be sold at $23 each...OUCH!!! i'd have to pass at anything over the $20 mark.

this line looks great! i dont understand why only spec shops though. according to their suggested retail price of $185 per case, each figure would be sold at $23 each...OUCH!!! i'd have to pass at anything over the $20 mark.

More than likely it was offered to mass retail and they passed. However Diamond knew that there is a market for the figures and carrying them as a higher price isn't that big of a deal since they regularly carry figures that cost that amount.

Cyclops was canned they said yes, but that Rogue would make it out for Days of Future Past line most likely.

Draven

I been out of comics for a while... Is that how she looks now or just for a specific arc?...

Up until a short while ago that was her modern look and it lasted for quite a while. Apparently she has better control of her powers now so she's allowed to show more skin. I sort of liked that look of course I still prefer the Jim Lee one and hope for a good figure from that era but this look grew on me and I like it but it has since then changed into that awful Marvel Now one.

1936305-1885343_untitled.png

1861689-rogue_16.jpg