GIJoe 25th Anniversary - Comic 2-Packs Wave 2

heikks86

Breaker/Destro will be cool, can't wait for pics!

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=9&itemid=12076

The Dreadnoks and Breaker (complete with bubblegum) are great, Destro not so much.

-Breaker is missing a backpack and the wire is an antenna?

Or it could simply be a prototype and Hasbro's photo guys didn't have the pack available for the picture. We know SE's torso has the peg hole (from Hawk proto pics), so they at least have the option.

Though aside from Breaker, the other big selling point with Destro is a vac-metal head, which I'm certain will see a LOT of swapping with the first figure.

I see the images are available now, yeah Destro's color scheme is awful! I like Breaker though!

I wish Breaker had short sleeves... and I really hope the bubble gum is removeable... cause i will sure be cutting if off of mine if it's not. But he does look good. Don't care for the destro but the breaker is more than enough reason to by this pack!

Hasbro should have just given Duke short sleeves. He was the only guy who had arms like that but half the Joes had short sleeves. Now every short sleeved figure is going to have Duke arms.

It's not the end of the world but I would like more accuracy on the originals. I assume Rock N Roll and Clutch will have Duke arms when they get made.

I wish Breaker had short sleeves...

Ditto.

Hasbro should have just given Duke short sleeves. He was the only guy who had arms like that but half the Joes had short sleeves. Now every short sleeved figure is going to have Duke arms.

It's not the end of the world but I would like more accuracy on the originals. I assume Rock N Roll and Clutch will have Duke arms when they get made.

It's not just that, it's the fact that the military DOES NOT WEAR SHORT SLEEVES LIKE THAT. That's why all the Joes had them, except Duke, who I guess gets away with it because he's the top sergeant, but really shouldn't! Of course, as a figure, that's what I want because it's like he was originally.

Things like this bug me, because it's not a really great cost-saving measure - they could have used those short sleeves for literally dozens of characters.

I also really dislike the molded gloves look on Stalker, and now Hawk will have gloves too... why not just mold some regular hands for cripe's sake? You will be able to use them time and time again... Ugh.

I wish Breaker had short sleeves...

Ditto.

It's not just that, it's the fact that the military DOES NOT WEAR SHORT SLEEVES LIKE THAT. That's why all the Joes had them, except Duke, who I guess gets away with it because he's the top sergeant, but really shouldn't! Of course, as a figure, that's what I want because it's like he was originally.

Things like this bug me, because it's not a really great cost-saving measure - they could have used those short sleeves for literally dozens of characters.

I also really dislike the molded gloves look on Stalker, and now Hawk will have gloves too... why not just mold some regular hands for cripe's sake? You will be able to use them time and time again... Ugh.

This is where Flint's original short sleeved arms could have worked great. So what happened to those???

Then they could have made some regular hands to go along with them.

Did anyone notice this time it is Hooded Cobra Commander? Will this be a variant or will he come with both heads?

I assume the Destro has funky coloring for two reasons:

1) Hasbro is continuing to rehash and get as much out of these sculpts as possible, so that means repaints! repaints! repaints!

and 2) they're possibly trying to put out all the Wave 1 box set figures in "comic" (that is, fluorescent) colors.

I'm a sucker for this line, so it seems a little tempting to me to pick up these rehashed-figure comic packs to set along side the originals (I'm obviously giving them the benefit of the doubt and looking for reasons to buy the comic packs so I can get a Doc. I feel violated by Hasbro already.).

Did anyone notice this time it is Hooded Cobra Commander? Will this be a variant or will he come with both heads?

Notice that what is hooded Cobra Commander? Or do you mean battle helmet Cobra Commander?

And I don't understand your second question.

They COULD be going with the idea that people are going to want Breaker and not care so much about Destro. Take a look at Scarlett/Hawk for a similar thing.

That's a third option that I failed to mention: tossing in useless figures with figures people really want and not wanting to waste new sculpts if they don't have to, like giving us Breaker and Clutch or Grunt (I'm surprised they're giving us two Dreadnoks at once instead of one now with a repaint and one later with another repaint).

Notice that what is hooded Cobra Commander? Or do you mean battle helmet Cobra Commander?

And I don't understand your second question.

So far Hasbro has shown pictures of CC with the helmet and pictures of him with the hood on the comic pack. Nobody has been sure on which was actually getting released.