Deadpool movie

yojoebro82

Official costume revealed and it's one of the most comic accurate to ever be on screen, which is always a plus.

https://games.yahoo.com/news/breaking-ryan-reynolds-official-deadpool-162003375.html

Usually when a character is botched as completely as Deadpool was in Wolverine Origins, it means a reboot and recasting for the next go around. I'm glad Reynolds gets a second shot at him. I think he'll do the character justice.

Yep, Reynolds has been my pick since Van Wilder to play DP. The fact he's a fan of the character & has been fighting the good fight to keep the movie true to the comics & now seeing the costume gives me hope that they may finally get one right.

Plus yesterday's April Fool's video just makes it better and better.

I was just going to post it

Not even a huge Deadpool fan but I'm looking forward to this one.

Is it to late to just cancel it and make a Deathstroke movie?

No a lot of love for Deadpool, I guess.

As far as him being a Deathstroke copy: I don't have a lot of early Deadpool knowledge. I know he was created by Liefeld in which case it's perfectly conceivable that a lot of his original premise was a rip off. But since then he's evolved into his own character. Yeah, they both wear a mask and tote around every weapon imaginable. But Deathstroke is more no-nonsense, less over the top. Deadpool is....well, he's the Merc with a Mouth. On the list of Marvel/DC copy characters, these two don't even make my top 20 (yep, there's a lot!)

For what its worth, my issues with Deadpool have very little to do with his status as one in a loooooong list of Liefeld's knock off characters. I could just never get into these "Bugs Bunny" super-irreverent type characters.

Now that being said, given the way Deadpool is usually portrayed in the comics, and Reynold's acting style, plus the surprisingly accurate suit, and this movie could very well be the best cast, truest adaption of a comic character ever put to film.

Pretty impressive considering we're talking about the guy who hammed his way through Green Lantern.

Now that being said, given the way Deadpool is usually portrayed in the comics, and Reynold's acting style, plus the surprisingly accurate suit, and this movie could very well be the best cast, truest adaption of a comic character ever put to film.

That's what I'm thinking too. Plus Reynolds seems to have a lot of love for the character and whenever I seen an actor or director have passion for something, it's a good thing.

• 3 weeks later...

That's what I'm thinking too. Plus Reynolds seems to have a lot of love for the character and whenever I seen an actor or director have passion for something, it's a good thing.

i would definitely agree.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

OK, now that you have seen the movie. What did you think?

I personally loved it. It was a refreshing dose of witty humor and mindless (yet well crafted) violence.

I just thought it was well done and deserves a sequel. @Spidey@ @pun@ @cap@

Yep, same here. You can tell it was done by fans which is always a plus. I loved the "break down the 4th wall" approach. True to the comic and unique to all other comic book movies that are taking themselves more and more seriously with every installment.

As far as the Deadpool brand of humor, there should be no surprises to anyone here. If you know the character, you know what you are in for and it delivers nicely.

Some highlights of things I liked: Opening sequence, references to Green Lantern, Origins Deadpool, and the X-Men, Colossus and Negasonic Teenage Warhead (is she in the Deadpool comic or created just for the movie?), the Hugh Jackman cameo, the Stan Lee cameo, after credits scene, the origin romance. Yeah, there was a lot of fun stuff.

NTW was created back in the Morrison run. She was pretty much just a low-level telepathic student of Emma's on Genosha when the island was wiped out. They apparently didn't want to use Cannonball as he might have come off to "hick", so they sort of grafted a version of his powers to the girl with the awesome name.

Bring on the sequel!

Dolph Lundgren will always have a special place in my heart for his He-Man effort :) I'd have no problem with him playing Cable.

The fact that this is the highest grossing R movie ever is getting a lot of buzz and lo and behold now there's mention of Wolverine 3 perhaps being an R movie. Someone stepped out onto the ledge and it didn't break. I wouldn't be surprised to see more comic book movies following ol' Deadpool.

My brother in law was saying the blu ray will have the unrated cut. That's gonna be fun to watch.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think you'll see a LOT of superhero movies trying to chase the Deadpool formula.

And I don't think many, if any of them will nail it the same way.

Deadpool was great but it was great because it stood out as different. Take that away from it and I don't know how well that film or any of the films trying to emulate it hold up.

Not looking to take away from Deadpool being a decent flick-- I liked it very much-- but put out too much of a good thing and, well, you know.

Deadpool itself though still has at least one easy cash-in-- I can't imagine any fan wouldn't want to see Cable in the next one.

I think you'll see a LOT of superhero movies trying to chase the Deadpool formula.

And I don't think many, if any of them will nail it the same way.

Deadpool was great but it was great because it stood out as different. Take that away from it and I don't know how well that film or any of the films trying to emulate it hold up.

Not looking to take away from Deadpool being a decent flick-- I liked it very much-- but put out too much of a good thing and, well, you know.

Deadpool itself though still has at least one easy cash-in-- I can't imagine any fan wouldn't want to see Cable in the next one.

Yeah I agree with all of that. Of course Hollywood is going to try to copy what made Deadpool a success--step one: start slapping R ratings on movies like Dawn of Justice and Wolverine. I'm not saying that is going to automatically make those movies bad, but their motivation for doing that is so obvious.

I can imagine Cable being added would make this the ultimate straight man/funny man superhero flick. Yeah Colossus filled that roll the first time out, with success, IMO. But adding Cable tot he mix will probably kick that up to an 11.