Cobra Sand Viper Re-Imagined

straxus

25th Anv. Sand Viper Re-envisioned

sandviper01ym6.jpgsandviper02ux6.jpg

Recipe:

*Upper/Lower Torso and Legs - 25th Buzzer

*Upper Arms - Saga Sandtrooper

*Lower Arms - Legends Biker Scout

*Head - Modified Alyosha head sculpt (sculpted cobra mask)

*Accessory Pack - Combination of 21 Century accessory, Scorch accessory incorporated into a sculpt.

*Rifle - from a BBI figure.

*Helmet - sculpted from scratch save for the paperclip antenna and the gasmask which was part of a Saga Boush Force Pike.

*Belt - Cast from a Darth Vader belt (cant remember version.)

*Everything Else - Sculpted.

About the design:

I liked the standard viper faceplate and wanted something like that in this design. Added the goggles in the same theme.

The cloth sculpting on the back of helmet is just more decorative than anything.

The gas mask was incorporated since I figured these guys would be using various biological and chemical weapons on enemies.

Torso Armor, tried to keep some of the design of the origional Sand Viper but wanted to incorporate a series of heatsink/air vents for a integrated cooling system built into the suit.

Alot of the over-all design was inspired by various art from some Heavy Gear role playing game books.

@JoeRhyno: I madea mold of the helmet prior to painting it. After I do a couple layers of dull cote on the figure I might make a mold of the wrap/backpack combo too.

@Devil Bat: I did though it didnt turn out so well. In this pic its on the lower middle part of the upper torso.

closeupgearlessif0.jpg

for some reason almost every rear picture of this figure ends up slightly blurry...really irritating...

closebackgearlessqo2.jpg

wait.. that's a BUZZER TORSO?

I might have to go out and buy up all the Bzzers around here and play around with them, can I steal this idea? I love him and the Sand Viper has always been one of my fav newsculpts.

Wow.

Great custom!

I love the helmet for this figure...totally makes the custom! :D

Kind of reminds me of the Snow Serpent for some reason, but I think that's what I like about it.

Thanks guys!

JoeRhyno: Well technicaly the base that I sculpted on was the buzzer torso. I did alot of dremeling and sculpting to it.

Feel free to use the idea! I am just glad people are digging the re-imagined look.

Very cool custom and welcome to TNI!

@JoeRhyno: I madea mold of the helmet prior to painting it. After I do a couple layers of dull cote on the figure I might make a mold of the wrap/backpack combo too.

@Devil Bat: I did though it didnt turn out so well. In this pic its on the lower middle part of the upper torso.

closeupgearlessif0.jpg

for some reason almost every rear picture of this figure ends up slightly blurry...really irritating...

closebackgearlessqo2.jpg

Straxus, in your attempt to point out the insignia, you've shown me just how insanely detailed that thing is. (lol) Simply amazing my friend. I see what your problem is though; when you put that awesome helmet on him, the Cobra symbol is covered up and obscured. But hey man, I'm really nitpicking. I can't get over all of the little pouches and paint wipes. Insane...