• http://jasonshoemaker.deviantart.com/
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:18 PM

Actor Richard Leparmentier (Admiral Motti) Has Died at Age 66

#2 User is offline   featofstrength 

• Beastman
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:44 PM

man, and he was just at Planet Comicon KC weekend before last...
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   GuitarDevil 

• King Chochacho

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:39 PM

although his lack of faith was disturbing.........it was at times mostly entertaining........RIP Admiral M.....

#4 User is offline   Wheeljack35 

• The Jedi Insider Jedi
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:21 PM

Oh smack I didn't realize that was him in Roger Rabbit

#5 User is offline   featofstrength 

• Beastman

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:28 AM

View PostWheeljack35, on 16 April 2013 - 08:21 PM, said:

Oh smack I didn't realize that was him in Roger Rabbit

I'll always remember:
"Turpentine, acetone, benzene...he calls it the Dip."

seemed like most of the principals, aside from Christopher Lloyd, were brits doing american accents. I even saw R.K. Maroon in a Doctor Who from the 1960's (Planet of Giants) the other day using his native Brit accent.

#6 User is offline   featofstrength 

• Beastman

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:02 AM

also..."STAR WARS ACTOR DIES" was a sidebar headline on Yahoo and many other internet news outlets. A headline, Im sure, because of all the talks of new SW these days. A real cheap ploy there...its not like Billy Dee kicked it, but they would like you to click to make sure.

No disrespect or credit undue to Richard Leparmentier, but the media used him. just @##@@ wrong, man

#7 User is offline   Devilbat 

• "Do or do not...there is no try."

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:33 PM

Yeah, we may not always agree on everything feat, but I too absolutely hate it when MSN does stuff like that just to get people to click. I've become quite adept at reading between the lines when it comes to their headlines. I study them carefully, realizing they probably aren't as dramatic as they lead you to believe with their carefully-selected words. For example, they'll say something like, "Gibson Arrested Again, Has Meltdown", then when you click on the link, thinking you're gonna read about Mel Gibson's continuing downward spiral, you find out the true story is about Debbie Gibson. (lol)

My heart goes out to Mr. Leparmentier and his family. I had read an article years ago where he mentioned his sons glowingly, and it kinda reminded me of my own late father and the relationship I had with him, and it's probably all I've thought about since I heard about his passing. Bless his heart...

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment

Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us