Your First Recollection of Star Wars

Wheeljack35

I was just think of this after seeing a post on FB from May 25 saying Happy 36th Birthday Star wars

I was 11 when it came out and the first time I remember hearing about it was on PBS.It was a saturday morning and I forget why I was by myself and they had a movie review for this new movie called Star Wars.The very first seen I had ever seen was wwhen Ben and Luke were looking for a ship to get to Alderaan so they sought ought Han and Chewie

Now there is another thing I had seen back then that I have never seen since.It was a tuesday night and of course if you alive back then you new Tuesday was there big night led off by Happy Days..I seen two stardestroyers chasing the Blackade Runner.There was no scenes with actors but this one.One of the then known "Imperial Cruisers" broke off then it cuts to the all familier scene we know now as Vaders ship chases the runner over tatooine.I was like WOW what is this? It ends with a narrator saying "Star wars in theaters now"

I haven't seen that clip since then or on any extras of any DVD's

I was about 7 years old when I first saw the commercial trailer where Luke is in the gunner seat yelling "They're coming in too fast!", and remembering somewhere in my 7-year-old mindset that "Wow, stuff coming at you fast means ACTION!"

I remember C3PO and R2-D2 being my first figures but I think I actually got them before I ever saw the movie.

I don't have one. I was born in 82, so because of my brothers, Star Wars has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember. I'm sure my introduction was though the figures, toys and games we had.

You don't have a recollection of what you seen first?

I don't have one. I was born in 82, so because of my brothers, Star Wars has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember. I'm sure my introduction was though the figures, toys and games we had.

I'm the same way. I don't have a "first recollection" of Star Wars. It was always just there.

I was born in 1980, and as far back as I can remember, Star Wars was always around. All of my older cousins had tons of Star Wars toys and I remember watching the movies on old Beta and VHS players with them. I have lots of fluttering memories of being a very small child (three or four), and playing with my cousins' Death Star playset. I have old pictures of me getting Star Wars figures (Storm Trooper, Chewbacca and Walrus Man) on my second birthday. So, Star Wars was pretty much there from the time my cognitive thought process started.

It was the summer of 1977, I was four-and-a-half years old, and my uncle took me, my brother, and our cousin to see Star Wars at a drive-in theater. I remember my brother and our cousin sitting on the roof of the car while my aunt and uncle sat in the back seat, and I remember them beating on the roof whenever Princess Leia made her on-screen debut, and my uncle fussing at them for it. (lol) I also remember sitting in the front seat of the car and accidentally leaning over on the horn, which started a domino effect of sorts of horn-blowing throughout the drive-in. Got fussed at for that too. (lol)

I was born in 77 so my first dose of SW came in the early 80's while living in Puerto Rico,and it came by way of action figures.The first SW action figure that i can remember laying eyes on was a Tusken Raider.There was also tons of merchandise and propaganda and i can still remember these small puffy SW stickers that came in bags of Munchos and other Frito Lay products.I'm not sure if that also went on in the states because i can't seem to find any pics or anyone with recollection of it.I hunted down those stickers mercilessly.One of my favorite stickers was of Lando Calrissian with his pimped out blue outfit!

I don't remember actually seeing Star Wars, but, I do remember a conversation about how many times I had seen it. I remember getting figures after school (and losing one of said figures I had taken to school, lol), the McQuarrie 'trench' poster I had from the Fan Club, and debating Vader's 'revelation' at my ESB themed b'day party, and arriving late to either ESB or ROTJ.

My first recollection of it is probably playing with the neighbor's action figures (they had a ton, I had none). I don't recall the FIRST time I saw the movies, not even sure I watched them in the right order at first, but I must have liked them because I watched them again and again on a regular basis ever since.

You don't have a recollection of what you seen first?

No, whatever it was it was before I can remember anything. The first thing I can remember is of playing with our figures. Which is probably why I have more affection for the figures than I do the movies themselves.

My first recollection of Star Wars dates back to May of 1977. School was out and my dad thought it was a good idea to paint our living room as a "summer project".

Needless to say I was bored to death and was wondering what else I would be doing that summer.

Then the mail arrived and we got our copy of Time magazine. On the cover there was a blurb that read: "The Year's Best Movie". Inside was an article/review of Star Wars. The critic loved it obviously and that got me curious.

When I finally saw it I was blown away. From the opening credits scrolling across the screen to the rousing, booming soundtrack, to the jaw-dropping special effects all of which where new and innovative for their time, I was hooked…and still am …LOL.

Walking Dogs w/Crossbows, Talking Sassy Robots, Punk Teens, and far out old Wizard.......bad guys w/awesome uniforms and one BadAs$ Sith Lord.....at the time I may not have understood how to tie my shoes but I knew exactly where a Galaxy Far Far Away was........