TNI Forums: The Masterpiece Thread - TNI Forums

Jump to content

  • 50 Pages +
  • « First
  • 37
  • 38
  • 39
  • 40
  • 41
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Masterpiece Thread MP-12 Sideswipe

#951 User is offline   Agent Adam 

  • TNI TF Mod
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 10,437
  • Joined: 06-November 02

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:52 AM

Victory Leo is probable *if* Star Saber sells well, I would say.

#952 User is offline   Nguyen_Dragon 

  • Battlecat
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 10,632
  • Joined: 08-August 02

Posted 13 December 2013 - 03:46 PM

http://www.bigbadtoy...aspx?content=66

Platinum Edition MP Optimus Prime... "Figures will be priced at the official US MSRP"... Hopefully that means reasonable...


Update:

http://tformers.com/...22084/news.html

$129...

#953 User is offline   BigBot84 

  • I will be the world's greatest swordsman!
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 5,508
  • Joined: 02-April 03

Posted 13 December 2013 - 03:53 PM

Wish those exclusives were swapped; i.e. Starscream was a re-release of the Masterpiece version.

#954 User is offline   StrangePlanet 

  • Andorian
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 101
  • Joined: 08-February 13

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:20 PM

I never got MP-10 Convoy/Optimus, because I had MP-01, and wtf, why bother getting a smaller crappier one?
But now I totally want one to be in scale with my other MPs, and this YOTH reissue is a great idea, a way to find one cheap...

but I'd have to paint way too much of it to get a 'normal' Optimus out of it.
If it was just paint the gold to silver, no problem. Instant buy. But it's way more than that.

I'm still waiting on the knock-off, improved one that we've seen news and pics of unless some other option comes up.
That KO is coming along nicely.

#955 User is offline   redrum2581 

  • Meister
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,155
  • Joined: 16-March 04

Posted 17 December 2013 - 03:24 PM

View PostStrangePlanet, on 17 December 2013 - 01:20 PM, said:

I never got MP-10 Convoy/Optimus, because I had MP-01, and wtf, why bother getting a smaller crappier one?
But now I totally want one to be in scale with my other MPs, and this YOTH reissue is a great idea, a way to find one cheap...

but I'd have to paint way too much of it to get a 'normal' Optimus out of it.
If it was just paint the gold to silver, no problem. Instant buy. But it's way more than that.

I'm still waiting on the knock-off, improved one that we've seen news and pics of unless some other option comes up.
That KO is coming along nicely.


but the MP figures aren't in scale with eachother, grimy's to short, rodimus is to tall, blah blah, I mean if you listen to most of the height complaints

#956 User is offline   BigBot84 

  • I will be the world's greatest swordsman!
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 5,508
  • Joined: 02-April 03

Posted 17 December 2013 - 04:29 PM

Admittedly, I haven't checked official heights, but I thought the whole idea of MP-10 was to be in scale with Grimlock, Rodimus, and the Seekers.

#957 User is offline   DEFENSOR 

  • Romulan
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 759
  • Joined: 15-February 03

Posted 17 December 2013 - 06:20 PM

View PostBigBot84, on 17 December 2013 - 04:29 PM, said:

Admittedly, I haven't checked official heights, but I thought the whole idea of MP-10 was to be in scale with Grimlock, Rodimus, and the Seekers.


He's meant to be, but Grimlock is actually supposed to be taller than Optimus.

#958 User is offline   StrangePlanet 

  • Andorian
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 101
  • Joined: 08-February 13

Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:24 PM

I know trying to get any sense of scale in the Transformers world is a sure way to madness.
Yeah, there's a cartoon reference scale chart out there, but even in the toon itself it's so all over the place....

But yeah, I am trying to have a little Transformers collection that is in scale with each other. At least relative scale. And it's tough. I must be crazy.
Talking to Transformers fans about size and scale is almost impossible. "That looks cool - how big is that?" "It's Voyager size." What the hell does that mean??!!

And according to the head designer, after and including the reboot of MP-10, all the Masterpiece toys are meant to scale with each other. Horray!
(MP-10 is certainly meant to scale with Rodimus Prime, but the earlier Grimlock is from a different era of stand-alone MPs.)

And if I had known I woulda been on board, because my old MP-01 Convoy is just too damn big now.
This is all in my little world of toys I want to go together, but yeah, to my eyes, too damn big.

#959 User is offline   Nguyen_Dragon 

  • Battlecat
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 10,632
  • Joined: 08-August 02

Posted 18 December 2013 - 06:07 PM

View PostStrangePlanet, on 18 December 2013 - 05:24 PM, said:

I know trying to get any sense of scale in the Transformers world is a sure way to madness.
Yeah, there's a cartoon reference scale chart out there, but even in the toon itself it's so all over the place....

But yeah, I am trying to have a little Transformers collection that is in scale with each other. At least relative scale. And it's tough. I must be crazy.
Talking to Transformers fans about size and scale is almost impossible. "That looks cool - how big is that?" "It's Voyager size." What the hell does that mean??!!

And according to the head designer, after and including the reboot of MP-10, all the Masterpiece toys are meant to scale with each other. Horray!
(MP-10 is certainly meant to scale with Rodimus Prime, but the earlier Grimlock is from a different era of stand-alone MPs.)

And if I had known I woulda been on board, because my old MP-01 Convoy is just too damn big now.
This is all in my little world of toys I want to go together, but yeah, to my eyes, too damn big.


My MP-01 Optimus and MP-05 Megatron is in their own separate world... The others even if not perfect in scale works for me...

#960 User is online   Wheeljack35 

  • The Jedi Insider Jedi
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 31,268
  • Joined: 21-February 04

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:24 PM

View PostStrangePlanet, on 18 December 2013 - 05:24 PM, said:

I know trying to get any sense of scale in the Transformers world is a sure way to madness.
Yeah, there's a cartoon reference scale chart out there, but even in the toon itself it's so all over the place....

But yeah, I am trying to have a little Transformers collection that is in scale with each other. At least relative scale. And it's tough. I must be crazy.
Talking to Transformers fans about size and scale is almost impossible. "That looks cool - how big is that?" "It's Voyager size." What the hell does that mean??!!

And according to the head designer, after and including the reboot of MP-10, all the Masterpiece toys are meant to scale with each other. Horray!
(MP-10 is certainly meant to scale with Rodimus Prime, but the earlier Grimlock is from a different era of stand-alone MPs.)

And if I had known I woulda been on board, because my old MP-01 Convoy is just too damn big now.
This is all in my little world of toys I want to go together, but yeah, to my eyes, too damn big.



I have recently put the figures in different sets of scale.I have different scale sizes for all from Legends up to Mega

#961 User is offline   Crow T Decepticon 

  • Captain Cold
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,886
  • Joined: 28-December 02

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:58 PM

View PostStrangePlanet, on 18 December 2013 - 05:24 PM, said:

I know trying to get any sense of scale in the Transformers world is a sure way to madness.
Yeah, there's a cartoon reference scale chart out there, but even in the toon itself it's so all over the place....

But yeah, I am trying to have a little Transformers collection that is in scale with each other. At least relative scale. And it's tough. I must be crazy.
Talking to Transformers fans about size and scale is almost impossible. "That looks cool - how big is that?" "It's Voyager size." What the hell does that mean??!!

And according to the head designer, after and including the reboot of MP-10, all the Masterpiece toys are meant to scale with each other. Horray!
(MP-10 is certainly meant to scale with Rodimus Prime, but the earlier Grimlock is from a different era of stand-alone MPs.)

And if I had known I woulda been on board, because my old MP-01 Convoy is just too damn big now.
This is all in my little world of toys I want to go together, but yeah, to my eyes, too damn big.

I'm so fond of my MP-01 though. I mean, he's Convoy, the very first MP. SO much lovely die-cast... I don't think it hurts if he (and Megatron if you got one) are stand-alones among the rest of your collection. My shelves are a jumble of lines and eras anyway.

#962 User is offline   Reminator 

  • Enterprise Crewman
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 9,177
  • Joined: 15-March 02

Posted 21 December 2013 - 12:39 PM

Official MP20 Announcement, Silhouette:
Posted Image

Fan imagination from the silhouette:
Posted Image

#963 User is offline   synch 

  • Energon hunter
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 46,427
  • Joined: 12-June 03

Posted 21 December 2013 - 03:50 PM

View PostReminator, on 21 December 2013 - 12:39 PM, said:

Official MP20 Announcement, Silhouette:
Posted Image

Fan imagination from the silhouette:
Posted Image

really ... someone wasted there time doing that ...

#964 User is offline   Reminator 

  • Enterprise Crewman
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 9,177
  • Joined: 15-March 02

Posted 22 December 2013 - 01:50 PM

Color version - Fan made:
Posted Image

#965 User is offline   Crow T Decepticon 

  • Captain Cold
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,886
  • Joined: 28-December 02

Posted 22 December 2013 - 03:48 PM

Nice. Thanks for posting. I appreciate the effort put into the 2 images. It certainly wasn't a waste.

Really looking forward to Wheeljack.

#966 User is offline   FUGAYZIE 

  • The Gray Ghost
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,768
  • Joined: 20-October 04

Posted 23 December 2013 - 08:33 AM

View PostCrow T Decepticon, on 22 December 2013 - 03:48 PM, said:

Nice. Thanks for posting. I appreciate the effort put into the 2 images. It certainly wasn't a waste.

Really looking forward to Wheeljack.

i agree with everything you said. can't wait! WJ should be awesome!

#967 User is offline   khamla 

  • Driller
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,090
  • Joined: 04-March 03

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:55 AM

View Postsynch, on 21 December 2013 - 03:50 PM, said:

View PostReminator, on 21 December 2013 - 12:39 PM, said:

Official MP20 Announcement, Silhouette:
Posted Image

Fan imagination from the silhouette:
Posted Image

really ... someone wasted there time doing that ...


If you did it, it would have been a waste but if your a talented drawer and love to draw then what? Big time props to that guy!

#968 User is offline   synch 

  • Energon hunter
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 46,427
  • Joined: 12-June 03

Posted 23 December 2013 - 12:11 PM

View Postkhamla, on 23 December 2013 - 10:55 AM, said:

View Postsynch, on 21 December 2013 - 03:50 PM, said:

View PostReminator, on 21 December 2013 - 12:39 PM, said:

Official MP20 Announcement, Silhouette:
Posted Image

Fan imagination from the silhouette:
Posted Image

really ... someone wasted there time doing that ...


If you did it, it would have been a waste but if your a talented drawer and love to draw then what? Big time props to that guy!

I see & how do you know I'm not a talented drawer who loves to draw ?.. :) & yes everything done here is a waste of time just like rumors & speculation it does nothing to show us what the actual toy will look like I could photoshop a image from the cartoon into it & get the same result

#969 User is offline   BigBot84 

  • I will be the world's greatest swordsman!
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 5,508
  • Joined: 02-April 03

Posted 23 December 2013 - 12:22 PM

You heard him folks. Keep your rumors and speculation to yourselves. We can only discuss OFFICIAL announcements and KNOWN figures in the Masterpiece line.

#970 User is offline   khamla 

  • Driller
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,090
  • Joined: 04-March 03

Posted 23 December 2013 - 03:40 PM

View Postsynch, on 23 December 2013 - 12:11 PM, said:


I see & how do you know I'm not a talented drawer who loves to draw ?.. :) & yes everything done here is a waste of time just like rumors & speculation it does nothing to show us what the actual toy will look like I could photoshop a image from the cartoon into it & get the same result


I saw your stick figure drawings man, i wasn't impressed :)

#971 User is offline   damprime 

  • Nameless Thug
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3
  • Joined: 19-October 12

Posted 23 December 2013 - 05:29 PM

Until there's a smaller Megatron, I'm sticking with my 20th anniversary ( 1st battle damaged version not the dvd version) and MP05. Aside from that the new 30th voyagers fit in scale with the new MPs also in vehicle and robot modes. I have my Springer and Sandstorm standing beside my Sideswipe and look perfect at a head taller. Blitzwing is shorter than the seekers but still fits in fine since he was originally anyway and his vehicle mode works great with them. Plus he's still taller and bigger than the Autobots I mentioned. These fit in scale better here than towering over the Generations line.

#972 User is offline   Nguyen_Dragon 

  • Battlecat
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 10,632
  • Joined: 08-August 02

Posted 23 December 2013 - 06:59 PM

http://www.bigbadtoy...525&mode=retail

YOTH Optimus preorder at BBTS for $119.99...

#973 User is online   Wheeljack35 

  • The Jedi Insider Jedi
  • Group: Moderators
  • Posts: 31,268
  • Joined: 21-February 04

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:16 PM

View PostReminator, on 22 December 2013 - 01:50 PM, said:

Color version - Fan made:
Posted Image



I can't wait

#974 User is offline   FUGAYZIE 

  • The Gray Ghost
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 7,768
  • Joined: 20-October 04

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:02 PM

View PostBigBot84, on 23 December 2013 - 12:22 PM, said:

You heard him folks. Keep your rumors and speculation to yourselves. We can only discuss OFFICIAL announcements and KNOWN figures in the Masterpiece line.

lol, that would trim this whole forum down by an easy 75%. fandom forums are for the purpose of speculating.

View PostNguyen_Dragon, on 23 December 2013 - 06:59 PM, said:

http://www.bigbadtoy...525&mode=retail

YOTH Optimus preorder at BBTS for $119.99...

pretty cool, but not diggin the gold.

#975 User is offline   redrum2581 

  • Meister
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,155
  • Joined: 16-March 04

Posted 26 December 2013 - 03:01 PM

alright now all we need is MP Jazz/Meister since they're releasing figures with no obvious repaint options though jazz has stepper which they can use Hasbro rodimus' targetmaster to repaint into stepper's targetmaster

Share this topic:


  • 50 Pages +
  • « First
  • 37
  • 38
  • 39
  • 40
  • 41
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users


ENI
About
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the popular culture network for fans all around the world. Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!
Sites
Action Figures
Comics
Classifieds
Entertainment
 
Marvel
Podcasts
Star Wars
Transformers
Links
Support
This site and content are copyright © Entertainment News International - All other rights revert to their lawful owners
This website is provided for the general public as an information and entertainment resource. If you feel this site has infringed on your legal rights, please contact us