Bespin refugee

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Loved the mass media reports of "New Star Wars Time Period Revealed"

drumroll...........

30 YEARS AFTER ROTJ.

!!!!!

My response: DUH! Derpa derp da derpity derp! DUH! Oh, also in the 'news', more on the mystery of the vanishing Malaysian jet and the world reacts to Crimea's absorption into the Russian Federation.

Loved the mass media reports of "New Star Wars Time Period Revealed"

drumroll...........

30 YEARS AFTER ROTJ.

!!!!!

My response: DUH! Derpa derp da derpity derp! DUH! Oh, also in the 'news', more on the mystery of the vanishing Malaysian jet and the world reacts to Crimea's absorption into the Russian Federation.

:P :P :PI think they might have some Jedi's in it too.....just a guess....hopefully we won't get a teen cast....I'm assuming that Han & Leia snuck off & got down & dirty about 10 min into that awful Ewok song....I got nothing against Teen Actors but when Anakin was in his "growing-into-his-body" phase he was kinda of a douche...

misleading article title, it is yahoo 'news' after all, but a pretty well researched and thoughtful:

New Star Wars Plot Revealed?

http://news.yahoo.com/star-wars-plot-revealed-094500060--politics.html

Especially like the inclusion of snippets from Expanded Universe authors, particularly from Karen Travis on "hating" the Jedi:

http://karentraviss.com/page10/files/Is_it_true_you_hate_Jedi_.html

"Now, if you like Jedi because Luke is basically an ordinary guy who finds the hero in himself, great. If you like lightsabers and impossible martial arts moves, bully for you. If it's just fun for you, and you don't feel mortally wounded when someone suggests that the Jedi might not actually be completely perfect, fine. You pass the harmless test.

But once you're past the age of puberty and you start arguing passionately with me that the Jedi were right to accept a slave army of cloned human beings and use them in war, and cloned humans aren't proper humans like us, and it was too bad the clones died, and the Jedi had no choice - well, sweetheart, I want to run a mile from you. Not the Jedi, who - just to remind you - are a figment of various writers' imaginations, just like the clones. You. If I see that you really mean it, and you're making excuses in your own mind for the Jedi just following orders on that delicate point, then you scare the living crap out of me. For real."

@lol@ @lol@ @lol@ @lol@ @lol@

These new films should deal with rectifying the sins of the past Jedi order, or abandon it altogether. I didnt like Luke's expanded universe Jedi temple in the first place, but after the prequels made an official mess of the fake religion, I liked the idea even less.

misleading article title, it is yahoo 'news' after all,

This is :OT: but I actively try to stay off of any online "news" sites for a number of reasons. I was addicted to it for a long time, going on them when I was bored. The computer has learned that I am a comic nerd and now shows me any and every bit of geek news that's out there. A lot of it is just nerd opinions posing as "news". Where can I sign up for a "job" like that?

off topic, here, too...but does it seem like any truthful discussion about this movie at this stage is immediately squashed under the weight of at least 5 new topics on really s***** SW merch that nobody asked for? Speaks a lot about this juggernaut...good or bad, it cant be stopped. No time to question. No time to think. Run...run for the bank!

does it seem like any truthful discussion about this movie at this stage is immediately squashed under the weight of at least 5 new topics on really s***** SW merch that nobody asked for?

You mean like Darth Vader toasters, R2D2 ice cube trays, and light up light saber chop sticks?

download_zps60c02ebb.jpg