G.I.Joe Retaliation Vehicles & SDCC Exclusives Revealed From Hasbro

JayC

The "Tread Tripper" is a pathetic attempt to salvage that crapp Hiss Scout vehicle. That thing is a horrible design

The "Ninja Combat Cruiser" is actually kinda cool.. I like that they put a roof and doors on top of the new VAMP body. I'll probably get it, just for the roof and doors lol

I hated the Hisstank when it was brown, I hated it when it was black, I hated it when it was Crimson.. and I still hate it now that it's blue

No - the Tread Ripper shares nothing with the HISS scout except a general appearance. The sculpting and everything on it closely matches the Ripsaw vehicle they use in the movie.

ripsawms2.jpg

You sure about that? It kinda looks to me like they took the shell of the Hiss Scout and replaced the working treads with a molded set. Then slapped a rollcage on top. The Ripsaw vehicle is really bizarre to me too... pretty stupid looking

Actually, you're right. I found the HISS scout at Ross and compared it to the pics and the Ripper does indeed use the scout's chassis. And consequently the toy is not right compared to the actual vehicle because the tracks are wrong.

As for the Ripsaw - try watching it in action (you may want to turn down your volume, the music is pretty cheesy).

Although the figures look good, it's disappointing to see that both Jinx figures will be SDCC exclusives, given that the previous Jinx figure was a G.I. Joe Club exclusive. It would have been nice to get the red costumed Jinx at mass retail.

I'm not holding my breath that they'll come out with a yellow-costumed Jinx for the regular waves, but one can only hope I guess.

I'm wondering if Hasbro is even going to make a movie version Lady Jaye figure?

I hope we at least get Jinx in some form, even if it's a yellow costume, seems silly not to give us her, heck maybe they'll give us a couple like they did Baroness, Scarlett and Covergirl from the first movie. I really only want the body for a custom, so whatever color it is, doesn't matter to me, lol.

I like the Ghost and the Vamp re-do.

I do agree.Both looks awesome.The Vamp Redo will be my Vamp Mark 2.

I was going to turn the V1 version of the PoC Vamp into a MkII since it was brown already, now I can steal the doors off this one and it'll make my job much easier. I'll probably need to buy two of the new ones so I can snag another set of doors for my Stinger custom.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know Ninja Combat Cruiser(AKA: Remodified POC Vamp) is suppose to belong to the Joes, or Cobra? I mean, the Ninja Commando 4X4 that comes with Snake Eyes has a Joe logo on it, but the Combat Cruiser doesn't seem to have a Joe or Cobra logo on it, at least at the pics I'm seeing. Plus, I don't recall if a logo was used on any of the Toy Fair floor pics as well. And they don't mention the diver's name/title either, like is he a Ninja Military Joe Soilder, or some sort of Cobra Ninja Viper? Just curious is all. If it belongs to the Joes, I may use it for the Joe's Night Force team, due to the colour scheme(FYI: Would be awesome if it came with some stickers to modifiy it, including some Night Force logos).