G.I.Joe Previews Exclusive Cobra Desert Assualt Hi-Res Images

The Wire

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BUMMER!

bigthumbsdownow0.png

Guess I'm just too much into the whole Urban or JUNGLE warfare thing, and desert camo or desert themes just don't interest me as much as the others. Bland and boring, like Hellman's Mayonnaise. I need the ZIP!

I could probably totally PASS on these and never regret it.

This set comes nowhere near how awesome the snow themed set looks but it's okay in my book.

I really hope the packaging changes as Major Bludd's arm looks like it's going to snap off. :/

The ONLY reason to get this pack is to get the Major Bludd. Even if the arm is the same crap, the rest of the body is less "Zartany" as it should have been.

The problem with this set is: Who the hell ARE these guys?

Even if they can't do a Desert Scorpion figure (or even the Desert C.L.A.W.S. or Sand Viper), the could at least give us some guys that make some sense. All these guys, the bases just say "Cobra Trooper".

Crimson Guard: Um, why? The reason the Crimson Guard was cool was becuase he was FEW AND FAR BETWEEN. Now, we have 11 versions, some of which make NO sense (the Python one, the desert one, the shadow one). WHY is this figure here? What is a undercover agent doing here?

Guy with the Viper Vest: Some kind of EOD? No idea.

"Officer" Guy: I guess he's an officer. Or something. Wouldn't the Crimson Guard outrank him or something?

Major Bludd: Could they point out the flaw in that arm anymore? Even so, he's still worth getting I think.

"Barbeque" Guy: why does he ahve Torch's blowtorch? What's he need a CUTTING torch in the desert?

"Gas Mask" Guy: ANOTHER Crimson Guard in the pack? WTF? And WHY do the really need a fire extinguisher in the desert? Would it even really work?

It might help if we saw some filecard pics, it might help. But they'll probably just do the same thing they did with the Night Watch set.

Oh yee childrean of the machine you must buy it! BAAAAHAHAHA (sheep) I mean come on guys this set is awsome!!! Do you not need another repaint of a cobra viper in brown? really? the Crimson guardsman is hot! I need about 5 boxes just so I can gather the paper to whipe me bum. This lot is pathetic and who ever gave the ok for this set to be released should be fired! This just shows you that because you have a degree in toy design does not mean some of these guys know GI JOE and knowing is half the battle! Is that not GI JOE basics 101 in the school of HASBRO custom, remake , repaint, rehash design department? lol

I love this set. I will get 2. You got crimson Guards, Vipers, And Infantry all in Desert Gear. Its genius. Its never been done before and I like it. I Can undestand the dislike of repaints. And thus inferior to the Original. But I like these Varients. And Hasbro just may make a 25th Dessert Trooper after all. Yes these guys were in the Cartoon intro and they probably will get made eventually. I agree the artic set is Cooler. ;)

I have to agree. this set is not so great. I'm only going to get it for the Bludd. Everything else here is pretty usless. Though i do like the idea of pulling some head swaps and making a desert theme BBQ and Flash/Grand Slam.

I remember taking a screw driver to several of my Joe’s and customizing the heck out of them. With a few dabs of paint and a good set of markers I created my own personalized figures. This box set by Hasbro presents a nice desert theme; it also gives any one buying it a well rounded desert force once opened. Hasbro presents an intriguing looking paint scheme while also delivering to the buyer a visually pleasing package presentation for those who may wish to display this item unopened. Overall I like Hasbro’s efforts here and feel they are trying to give the collector more than a simple color slap rehash. That all said I won’t be buying this set. I personally am not into desert warfare. My money will be better spent buying multiple rattlers to add to my army. #US1#

Wow you kids sure like to cry....I like the fact that something new is being tried here. The desert theme reminds me of the current wave in real life US Battle uniforms(cept on a fictional terrorist enemy) Good Job Hasbro...give us more variety. (cry cry why can't everything always be the same?)

.... As much as I hate to be accused of crying, I'm not into this set either. Bludd's cool (or better), but I'm not into Non-Crimson Guards, Viper-Q, or the other troopers. That being said I'm not crazy about the artic set either.

I like this set.

It's a troop builder. Repaints and repackaged accessories are expected. I like it all the way around. Yeah. It's not as nifty as the Artic set where we get a couple of essentials like the tele-viper and Scrap Iron, but it's still a neat set.

Wow you kids sure like to cry....I like the fact that something new is being tried here. The desert theme reminds me of the current wave in real life US Battle uniforms(cept on a fictional terrorist enemy) Good Job Hasbro...give us more variety. (cry cry why can't everything always be the same?)

He's got a valid point. We do, as a community and as individuals, tend to cry about things. I mean really... it's not like Hasbro said if we don't buy this they're going to cancel the line. Don't like it? Don't buy it.

And yes, I realize the stupidity of complaining about complainers on a message forum meant to exchange opions both good and bad. I just happen to think the issues raised are silly. I don't remember this type of outrage during the ridiculous black Crimson Guard set. If you're upset that they didn't make a new Sand Viper, Scorpion, or any other desert themed persona, you really overestimated Hasbro's intent, and probably haven't been in the fandom for long.

Tom

This set is slowly growing on me. If we ever do get any Sand-Vipers or Scorpions, I could see these guys as the support for the more experienced Sand-Vipers and/or Scorpions. I'll probably pick one up.

Crimson Guard: Not crazy about the tan. This has less to do with a 'Siegies MUST be Crimson' mentality than just not liking the way the colors look on him.

EOD Trooper: I like it. Cobra has to have a few of these guys somewhere. Giving him Tripwire's gear and Ripper's gun also gives him a 'functional but menacing' look. Plus, isn't he the first black (African-American) Cobra Trooper in the 25th line?

Cobra Officer: Same old, in tan this time. Not terrible, just nothing special either.

Major Bludd: I've never found one at retail, so I haven't given the first one the scrutiny that some others here have, but here he definitely has a nice 'classic vibe' to him.

Flamethrower Trooper: Needs an actual flamethrower, but other than that, I love this guy. Again, something Cobra would have, possibly in addition to specialty troops like the Incinerators. Plus, 'Fire-Viper' sounds cool. I'm so calling him that from now on. Say it with me: Fire-Viper.

Crimson Guard Desert Fred Series: I still hate the color scheme on the Siegies.

So that's only two out of the seven that I won't be happy to get. They can drive vehicles, just like all those Storm Shadow, Destro, and Cobra Commanders that I keep getting saddled with.

And Hasbro just may make a 25th Dessert Trooper after all.

ICE CREAM SOLDIER FOR THE WIN!

(sorry, I couldn't resist)

This set is slowly growing on me. If we ever do get any Sand-Vipers or Scorpions, I could see these guys as the support for the more experienced Sand-Vipers and/or Scorpions. I'll probably pick one up.

That is the way I look at these guys too. They are a nice addition to what Cobra already has with there desert guys.

There is no way we are going to see anyone in a troop builder 5-pack or 7-pack that has not already been made as a single or comic pack figure. We would get a Sand Viper and Desert Scorpion somewhere else before being in a multi pack of any kind. It leaves the door open for more desert guys down the line too, possibly with Desert Scorpions and Sand Vipers if they were made by the time another pack is made.

All of these multi packs are made specifically to reuse figures and parts that have already been used and made. They are not meant to be used to crank out 7 guys that have not been made yet.

I like this set.

It's a troop builder. Repaints and repackaged accessories are expected. I like it all the way around. Yeah. It's not as nifty as the Artic set where we get a couple of essentials like the tele-viper and Scrap Iron, but it's still a neat set.

So I am confused? You have never complained about a figure in your life? Thats what this forum is about ppl express what they do not like about it not make comments about what other ppl say about why they do not like? Childish? lol

I work in the toy industry and trust me a lot of ppl who have seem this line say what you just said (about other ppl saying why cant it stay the same ???) have you seen the figures there bubba??? They are the same you (re re) what ppl are complaing about is the fact Hasbro has re hashed figures with new file cards for the masses and the sheep who bahahah there way to the stores to buy a repaint!!!! you give them credit for that?? Hell legos are more creative that a set of re paints!! man!!!! After collecting for 25 years I will be the first to say Wraith,Para vipers even that retared MATT TACKER figure is refreshing than seeing repaints. At the end of the day if you do not like it you do not have to buy it? we all agree right? but its the same as Metallica and all the internet ppl downloading free music. If you are a fan you will BUY it no matter what. The resaon ahy ppl do crap like that is because they feel intitalled for many years of support! as a fan you have that right!! but only if you buy it!!

I remember taking a screw driver to several of my Joe’s and customizing the heck out of them. With a few dabs of paint and a good set of markers I created my own personalized figures. This box set by Hasbro presents a nice desert theme; it also gives any one buying it a well rounded desert force once opened. Hasbro presents an intriguing looking paint scheme while also delivering to the buyer a visually pleasing package presentation for those who may wish to display this item unopened. Overall I like Hasbro’s efforts here and feel they are trying to give the collector more than a simple color slap rehash. That all said I won’t be buying this set. I personally am not into desert warfare. My money will be better spent buying multiple rattlers to add to my army. #US1#

So I am confused? You have never complained about a figure in your life? Thats what this forum is about ppl express what they do not like about it not make comments about what other ppl say about why they do not like? Childish? lol

I work in the toy industry and trust me a lot of ppl who have seem this line say what you just said (about other ppl saying why cant it stay the same ???) have you seen the figures there bubba??? They are the same you (re re) what ppl are complaing about is the fact Hasbro has re hashed figures with new file cards for the masses and the sheep who bahahah there way to the stores to buy a repaint!!!! you give them credit for that?? Hell legos are more creative that a set of re paints!! man!!!! After collecting for 25 years I will be the first to say Wraith,Para vipers even that retared MATT TACKER figure is refreshing than seeing repaints. At the end of the day if you do not like it you do not have to buy it? we all agree right? but its the same as Metallica and all the internet ppl downloading free music. If you are a fan you will BUY it no matter what. The resaon ahy ppl do crap like that is because they feel intitalled for many years of support! as a fan you have that right!! but only if you buy it!!

Anyone Army building this set and willing to part with a Major Bludd. It's the only figure I want. I have a few Multi-Pack army builders I could trade like the Cartoon Trooper from the DVD set or the Comic Trooper from the legions set.

So I am confused?

You seem to be. You posted the same reply to two different people, and you seem to be directly refuting a post that neither of them made.

I work in the toy industry and trust me

I hope you're lying, and I'd rather not. You don't seem like a very sound individual.

They are the same you (re re) what ppl are complaing about is the fact Hasbro has re hashed figures with new file cards for the masses and the sheep who bahahah there way to the stores to buy a repaint!!!! you give them credit for that?? Hell legos are more creative that a set of re paints!!

Seeing as Legos have been 'repainting' the same parts in new combinations for decades, I'm not really seeing the difference that you're trying to make. If we tallied it up, there's probably a pretty even spread of 'new' parts and accessories in GI Joe and in Legos over the course of a similar timeframe. Actually, considering that every single 25A part was new less than two years ago, GI Joe probably beats Lego right now.

After collecting for 25 years I will be the first to say Wraith,Para vipers even that retared MATT TACKER figure is refreshing than seeing repaints.

All three of those figures are made of repainted parts with just enough to make them feel new all over again. Sorry, but they're all pretty much on the same level. Twenty percent more effort one way or another doesn't really make it better.

At the end of the day if you do not like it you do not have to buy it? we all agree right? but its the same as Metallica and all the internet ppl downloading free music. If you are a fan you will BUY it no matter what. The resaon ahy ppl do crap like that is because they feel intitalled for many years of support! as a fan you have that right!! but only if you buy it!!

So... your point is that real fans will buy product, but not-real fans will steal it?

Or is your point that we should all be less fan-like and buy less, and hope that the company making the product will take it as a sign to improve rather than just canceling due to low sales?

Actually, now that I think about it, I hope you do work in the toy industry. I hope it's full of people who think and act just like you. Suddenly everything bad that has ever happened to any toyline makes a lot more sense.