Hi, we are TNI Toy Collectors Community! Sign in now!
Recently discussed forum topics:
- TRU Vision and Scarlet Witch--in stock at onlin... (2) → yojoebro82
- Marvel Comics Toy Sightings/Hauls (1745) → yojoebro82
- 'Arrow' Discussion Thread (491) → mako
- Haslab Star Wars Vintage Collection Sail Barge (4) → Bespin refugee
- Disney Infinity Inspired Star Wars "Toybox... (4) → Bespin refugee
- DC Multiverse Carter Wonder Woman, Ship Flash,... (19) → mako
- PACIFIC RIM: UPRISING TITAN REDEEMER THE ROBOT... (0) → tman978
- Hasbro's Black Series 6" Figure Line (1216) → yojoebro82
- What are your top 10 figures of 2017? (13) → Devilbat
- "DC's Legends of Tomorrow" (50) → Bespin refugee
- I've started a GIJoe video review series (291) → timmer
- March 2018 Toy Haul Thread (9) → Devilbat
- The TRANSFORMERS name game. (20468) → LiquidMetal
- "Forces Of Destiny" animated shorts (11) → Bespin refugee
- Supergirl Drama On The CW! (363) → mako
I was lucky to get this about a week before TRU announced going under. I highly recommend it. Good to see it's being made available elsewhere.
17 Views · 2 replies ( Last reply by yojoebro82 )
16 Views · 0 replies
"Each day the Chaos Crystal was active within Skeletor's lair more and more portals opened - these strange dimensional tears opening all over Eternia. From a far off universe, where Earth had been rendered a wasteland and only intelligent machines roamed. One machine, the Protector class, Ripsaw, was drawn to the portal's light and sucked in! Now, finding itself in a dimension of magic and technology, Ripsaw must find a way to contact his fellow Starriors so they too can learn about this strange land."
Another toy line of the 80's, the Starriors arrive! This week we have a re-imagined version of the Protector class Ripsaw, created in MotUC scale. Using the original head and weapon arm of the figure I took a Rotar body, Extendar limbs, MARS robot lower legs, Captain America Mecha feet, and a Zoid-crab shell for the metallized shield. The shield is magnetic and attached to Ripsaw's original spinning blade-shield arm which was grafted on. Spaz-Stix mirror Chrome airbrush paint was used on the larger shield. Different foil warning/caution stickers were applied like the vintage toy featured and Ripsaw was given metallic blue airbrushed highlights.
For a full st of pictures and a video of the spinning blade-shield, head here: Custom Starriors Ripsaw
48 Views · 0 replies
38 Views · 0 replies
Just getting back into collecting Transformers. I have been slowly rebuilding my G1, BW, and BM's collections. Then I got the fever and started buying Titans Return and Power of the Primes.
However, the other day I happened across Cyber Battalion Howl at a Walgreens and picked him up. I haven't decided if I am going to keep him. He doesn't really fit in well with the other Generations lines and I am not so sure I like him very much. He isn't bad. I just feel like that 18 bucks might have bought another Transformer that I might have liked better.
What do you guys think about the Cyber Battalion series?
34 Views · 1 replies ( Last reply by Devastator_2000 )
Guardians of the Galaxy introduced Mantis to us, a naive bubbly girl...that wasn't anything like the comic character. Here I've given the MCU Mantis her comic roots including a brand new outfit! She was created using an Enchantress body, Mantis BAF head, BP Nakia lower arms/hands, Hope Summers lower legs, Darkness back spines for bra-fins, and a MTG Ciandra armor/Enchantress skirt mashup. The armor skirt is removable so he can go for a dip in the pool and you can swap between gripping or fighting hands. Two daggers were fashioned out of a bow and Mantis was given a sexy metallic paint job to get the job done. Now that's the deadly Mantis I remember from the comics!
For more pics head to her page here: Custom GotG Mantis figure
48 Views · 0 replies
A male and female robot. The male one has 3 differnt heads. One has a moveable jaw. Modeleld in Modo. Printed on a Form 2 printer in durable resin. Painted by me.
39 Views · 2 replies ( Last reply by Hauke )
It's too bad Hasbro didn't do a mass or store exclusive release of 4" figures based on John Barber's G.I. Joe V.S. Transformers. Even during the 50th Anniversary line, or a limited series or something.
Felt this way especially after I got the FCBD comic from around 2014, as time went on, I noticed some characters either had different looks, costumes, and/or decos. I recently had a quick skim at a trade paperback that had the 1st few issues together. Could of even consider doing some Comic Book 2 or 3 packs if they wanted.
Looking at the designs, many would probably be repaints, but some would be newer sculpted, or at the very least, having some reuse with some new sculpted pieces. Which would of been fine for a budgeted Joe line if anything. Some of my ideas of what they could of done:
- Scarlett: Repaint 25th Anniversary Scarlett in Green and Orange. Maybe include the oxygen mask that she wore in 1 issue, and 1 of her arrows having a grenade arrow.
- Snake Eyes: Repaint of the 25th Anniversary Version 1 Snake Eyes in dark blue with Red Goggles, and include a "Handsome" swapping head, and maybe even a "Bandaged" swapping head(From the Pursuit Of Cobra line maybe). Or at the very least, the body could be Pursuit Of Cobra's Version 1 inspired figure with the 25th Anniversary Version 1 head, since I find the 25th version head captures the big looking googles that the original Version 1 head had. I suppose they could also do a 25th/Retaliation Version 2 inspired Snake Eyes in purple.
- Spirit with a Mohawk.
- General Flagg.
- Dr. Venom.
- Duke in Cobra Trooper/Officer disguise. Includes swapping heads.
- I suppose 50th Anniversary Baroness with red glasses.
- Serpentress(I believe this is the Baroness who got scarred up).
- Hooded Cobra Commander. So much Commanders have been done, I'm sure they could use a bunch of different parts, combine them, and repaint it in the deco in a blue with silver trim here and there with pupil less eyes.
- Maybe Bazooka with both a Joe and Cobra helmet, with Blue Pants.
- Maybe include Dial-tone, because even if he isn't different from his normal look, would of been a nice way to get him into regular retail to give him a chance to get into more collectors hands, instead of being just a Joecon exclusive.
These are really the only characters I can think of that had a different look or deco from pervious versions, or have never been released in retail. I'm sure there are more, but I can't think of any, as I do know that many characters still didn't get any changes from their classic look.
31 Views · 0 replies
I'm excited about the new Robotech line and I made my pre order of them at the BigBadToyStore yesterday...
4.25 inch (10.80cm) scale
Made of plastic
Multiple points of articulation
Rick Hunter figure
Roy Fokker figure
Max Sterling figure
Miriya Sterling figure
Lynn Minmay figure
35 Views · 0 replies
Sorry I am sure this has been discussed to death but I have been gone about 10 years or so. I have to say I really don't care for any of the changes or attempts they have made at new style figures. I think they look strange and oddly proportioned. Also I have spent hundreds of dollars collecting old style figures, why do I want new figures that don't really fit or look right with the collection?
I bought the new stuff for a while because I was holding on to a dream, but eventually I accepted I hated them and sold them all off and started just collecting vintage figures. There are still plenty I don't have.
Any one else feel this way?
52 Views · 3 replies ( Last reply by A_Spidey_Fan )
TRU Vision and Scarlet Witch--in stock at online retailers
yojoebro82 - Today, 12:14 PM
PACIFIC RIM: UPRISING TITAN REDEEMER THE ROBOT SPIRITS CHILL REVIEW
tman978 - Yesterday, 08:21 AM
MotUC STARRIORS Ripsaw with spinning blade-shield!
Jin Saotome - Mar 15 2018 10:52 AM
TOMY COLLECTORS EDITION SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 1991 ACTION FIGURE CHILL REVIEW
tman978 - Mar 14 2018 10:49 AM
Wish They Made John Barber's G.I. Joe V.S. Transformers 4" Figures.
A_Spidey_Fan - Mar 04 2018 02:18 AM
Robotech Poseable Action Figure Wave 1 Set of 5 BY TOYNAMI - BRAND ROBOTECH
Roadpigmaster - Mar 03 2018 08:16 AM
Does anyone miss the classic figure style like I do?
Phanstar - Mar 03 2018 07:37 AM
Joined: Feb 16 2018 01:00 PM
Joined: Jan 14 2018 11:02 PM
Joined: Dec 15 2017 05:25 PM
Joined: Nov 25 2017 06:35 AM
Joined: Nov 18 2017 06:55 PM
Joined: Nov 06 2017 12:24 AM
Joined: Nov 05 2017 07:14 PM
Joined: Oct 12 2017 08:09 AM
Joined: Oct 06 2017 12:35 AM
Joined: Sep 30 2017 12:10 PM